+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry, adding spouse to the profile

Hridesh13

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,
I got my AOR on 5th Nov 2018, I got married on 27th Jan 2019, I want to add my spouse in my application.
What is the procedure for that, thanks in advance.

zaidd90

Feb 7, 2019
Hello.

I got my AOR on 15th December 2019. Currently, my profile says Medical Passed. I have also gone for my Biometrics and that has been updated on my profile. My profile says that background check is under process.
My question is: I am getting married this month (February 2019). If I send in a request to IRCC to update my profile and attach all required documents of my wife:
1. Will my points be recalculated? (I am post AOR)
2. If not, will this cause a considerable delay in my process? (more than 5 months)
3. Can adding my spouse at this stage, cause any negative impact on my immigration process?

I can very easily provide proof of the wedding (wedding pictures, conversations etc), proof of funds can be updated without a problem.
I have heard on various forums that according to section 11.2, my points will be recalculated which is a big concern for me. I would like to get a clear answer from someone who has experienced this process or is knowledgeable. I hope this helps out others as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Hridesh13

Jul 19, 2018
Hello.

I got my AOR on 15th December 2019. Currently, my profile says Medical Passed. I have also gone for my Biometrics and that has been updated on my profile. My profile says that background check is under process.
My question is: I am getting married this month (February 2019). If I send in a request to IRCC to update my profile and attach all required documents of my wife:
2. If not, will this cause a considerable delay in my process? (more than 5 months)
3. Can adding my spouse at this stage, cause any negative impact on my immigration process?

I can very easily provide proof of the wedding (wedding pictures, conversations etc), proof of funds can be updated without a problem.
I have heard on various forums that according to section 11.2, my points will be recalculated which is a big concern for me. I would like to get a clear answer from someone who has experienced this process or is knowledgeable. I hope this helps out others as well.

SAME QUESTION AND QUERIES...any info on these ?

zaidd90

Feb 7, 2019
SAME QUESTION AND QUERIES...any info on these ?
Hi!
I have heard from various sources that you can fill in a CSE form and update your relationship status. Then you have to add your spouse's medical and police clearance certificate and there should be no issues in the application.
But these are opinions, i don't have any authentic/verified news.

psedo007

Mar 2, 2019
Hello.

I'm too in this step, I've provided the proofs of my marriage to IRCC (wedding photos, certificate of marriage...) and actually I'm waiting for his assessment.
so, based on my knowledge :
1. your score will not be recalculated if your application is between AOR and PPR.
2. usually the process will be delayed by 2 month.
3. don't care if your marriage is real/authentic.
good luck bro

darryl200

Aug 9, 2020
wh

Thanks a lot Mr. Prpurohit. Could you please tell me what is the option should I select at "Type of Application/enquiry" to raise the CSE.
Hi Hrideah and Prpurohit,
Which is the option to be selected at "Type of Application/enquiry" to raise the CSE for adding spouse?