12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,
I am having a points around 401 in EE. What are the chances of getting an ITA and how much time it will take.
Also Please let me know what's the difference between open invitation and PNP.
I know If i scored 460+ then i'll get open nomination but if less than that. then what are the chances of getting ITA. Most of the people are saying that Ontario directly nominates. What does that mean. Should I proceed with 401 points.

Rgds
Raman

Sreyas

Sep 19, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Ontario sends invites to candidates with CRS over 400 and who meet their NOC demand. But for now, it has paused sending the invites due to some huge pending cases. Hopefully it should start sending again from May/ June.
If your IELTS scores are not >= (L8, R7, S7, W7), you should try improving them.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ramansingh05 said:
Hi,
I am having a points around 401 in EE. What are the chances of getting an ITA and how much time it will take.
Also Please let me know what's the difference between open invitation and PNP.
I know If i scored 460+ then i'll get open nomination but if less than that. then what are the chances of getting ITA. Most of the people are saying that Ontario directly nominates. What does that mean. Should I proceed with 401 points.

Rgds
Raman
With Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 468 (the score for the latest invite). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. But that should not deter you from applying as there are ways to improve your score to get ITA.

You can get ITA in 3 different ways
1) Direct ITA - To get a direct ITA (based on the current trend), your CRS should be at least 468 and above (but let's assume it may come down a bit, so a safer bet would be 460). IELTS of the primary applicant plays a very important role in improving CRS score, therefore I would suggest that the primary applicant should target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculator here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score. Even after improving your IELTS, if you are not able to achieve the desired CRS, you can look at the below options.

2) PNP - If your score is below 468 and you get a provincial nomination, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation. For PNPs check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp.

With your current score of 401, you are eligible to receive PT Notification of Interest from Ontario (PNP Invite), but lately, there has been a hiatus in the PTs from Ontario (since mid Feb). I am assuming that, it should resume in May, so the best you can do is wait for OINP or check out about other PNPs.

3) Job Offer - If your score is below 468 and you have an LMIA backed job offer, it will add 600 points to your existing score which will make you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round of invitation.

If you are not able to secure CRS score for direct ITA, then the best way forward would be the PNP route.

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
Sreyas said:
Hi,
Ontario sends invites to candidates with CRS over 400 and who meet their NOC demand. But for now, it has paused sending the invites due to some huge pending cases. Hopefully it should start sending again from May/ June.
If your IELTS scores are not >= (L8, R7, S7, W7), you should try improving them.
Please could you tell me Ontario NOC demand

my score is 431

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Pascal.H said:
Please could you tell me Ontario NOC demand

my score is 431
As far it is known, invites to apply for nomination from Ontario is not dependent on any NOC. It is dependent on the score (400+).

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi Stanlee and everyone out there,

Other thing i want to double check is that I am currently working as a Software Business analyst in IT firm. (1Yr) Experience. Also I worked in canada as a Customer service rep and Inventory asst. (1.5 yrs). My question is can I consider that experience as well. I worked full time paid 40 hrs job. but only problem is i think it falls under NOC category C not B. So can I consider it brother. As for CEC i know that experience should be in NOC O,A,B but for exry entry nothing is mentioned anywhere.

Please help. If I consider that then my points will be around 450+.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ramansingh05 said:
Hi Stanlee and everyone out there,

Other thing i want to double check is that I am currently working as a Software Business analyst in IT firm. (1Yr) Experience. Also I worked in canada as a Customer service rep and Inventory asst. (1.5 yrs). My question is can I consider that experience as well. I worked full time paid 40 hrs job. but only problem is i think it falls under NOC category C not B. So can I consider it brother. As for CEC i know that experience should be in NOC O,A,B but for exry entry nothing is mentioned anywhere.

Please help. If I consider that then my points will be around 450+.
Express Entry by itself is not an economic program, rather it is the channel to manage permanent residence applications under various economic immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class. So in this regard, for CEC, any work experience which does not fall under NOC skill type 0, A or B will not be considered. So, in your case, I am sorry, you will not be able to claim the fore mentioned experience, since it falls under NOC skill type C.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Agreed stanlay that EE is just a medium or first step towards CEC, FSWP etc.. but If I'll get PNP then?? because for PNP nothing is like that. If i have 400+ points then Ontario nominates you. As far as CRS points system nothing NOC is mentioned anywhere as for now atleast.
So Suppose If I'll apply and then what are the chances that ontario nominates. Is PNP also required for job in NOC O,A,B?
Please clear me with this thing.

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Currently I am having CRS 429 points.

I am planning to do a short 4-6 months course to get additional points.

What is the probability that Ontario will open PNP in May/June 2016 ?

Does Ontario give PNP to all above CRS 400?

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
you already have a good points brother then why you want to do course.. Hoepfully ontario will nominate you for sure. just wait for atleast 2 months and then do a course

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you please explain what kind of 4-6 month courses you're referring here. I'm In the same boat and also considering similar effort.

rollercoaster said:

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
rollercoaster said:

Will doing a 4-6 months course improve your score? I believe any additional diploma or certificate course should be of 1 year duration to be eligible for additional points.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar