+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Export/Import Car From US!

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I bought the car from a friend, with cash, so I've had the title in my name for a few years now.
oh.. that's nice! I am just too much into pickle... want to take my car but it has loan so it's almost next to impossible to get it exported there. Best is to sell here and buy there which I don't want to do but I guess eventually I will convince myself to sell it.

John Elaine

May 23, 2017
Hey there! I plan to move from USA to Canada soon and I want to bring my car along. I read about the process related to RIV (i.e., Canada side import) and AES (i.e., USA side export).

However, I don't want to drive the car myself and I was planning to ship the car using a freight or carrier service. I myself plan to fly out to Canada. So is there a way to do the AES process in this case? I can mail them the title copy and other things 72 hours before the car is shipped off. But then what happens at the border? Do they automatically match the title copy with my car and send me the stamped copy? Or do carrier services also take care of this export process related to AES?

John Elaine

May 23, 2017
Hello, I will be moving to Canada soon and I want to bring my car along with me from USA to Canada. It's a 2005 car which costs about $3K USD. I have read about the import process in Canada, but I want to know whether I will be charged any duties/taxes on this car?

ardalanjavadi

Mar 5, 2019
Hello everybody,
I am going to permanently import my 2016 Nissan Altima registered in Ontario to the US.
I bought it here in Canada and own it more than 1 year.
What do I need more than EPA, HS7 and CBP forms?

Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
Ardalan Javadi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody,
I am going to permanently import my 2016 Nissan Altima registered in Ontario to the US.
I bought it here in Canada and own it more than 1 year.
What do I need more than EPA, HS7 and CBP forms?

Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
Ardalan Javadi
You need to ask on a US forum