+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation to why the number of applications exceeded 5000!

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
In my own view, I believe that the number of documents includes the number of applications from applicants who received job offers, as they can apply at any time. Hence, the number of your application= number of applications at this session + number of applications by applicants who received job offers

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Somewhere on MIDI website or Canadavisa.com I had read that MIDI will allow 5000+ candidates to submit application and then will send out rejection emails to candidates that did not meet 5000 cut-off.

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
They don't have to do so since computer software can simply do it automatically and stop accepting applications at 5000.
Canadavisa are not MIDI as MIDI have never declared such info.

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Though my app number is 5000+, they have sent the following message(translated):

Sir,

We have received your request to the Quebec Selection Certificate.

You must now submit within 30 days of the date of this message, the required fees otherwise, your application will be considered invalid.

Once we have received your payment, we will confirm receipt of the latter. To do this, then we will send you an email inviting you to visit your mailbox in Quebec My project.

We invite you to regularly visit the "My Account" My project for Quebec:

- Know the status of your application;

- Know the amount of fees payable, payment or allowed to select your payment method by clicking on the "Pay my application."

If you have already paid the required fees, please disregard this message.

Please accept, Sir, our best regards.

My Team Quebec project

in frensh

Monsieur,

Nous avons bien reçu votre demande de Certificat de sélection du Québec.

Vous devez maintenant nous faire parvenir dans un délai de 30 jours suivant la date de ce message, le paiement des frais exigés sans quoi, votre demande sera considérée non valide.

Dès que nous aurons reçu votre paiement, nous vous confirmerons la réception de ce dernier. Pour ce faire, nous vous transmettrons alors un courriel vous invitant à consulter votre boîte de messagerie dans Mon projet Québec.

Nous vous invitons à consulter régulièrement la page « Mon dossier » de Mon projet Québec pour:

- Connaître le statut de votre demande;

- Connaître le montant des frais à payer, les moyens de paiement autorisés ou encore pour sélectionner votre mode de paiement en cliquant sur le lien «Payer ma demande».

Si vous avez déjà payé les frais exigés, veuillez ne pas tenir compte de ce message.

Veuillez recevoir, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.

L’équipe de Mon projet Québec

Jun 13, 2016
Hi everyone!
I have the same question. The number of my application it is also 5000+
So.. What if you pay the fees and later your receive your application as "rejected"??..
There is no reimbursement for application fees...

Jun 13, 2016
theurn15 said:
In my own view, I believe that the number of documents includes the number of applications from applicants who received job offers, as they can apply at any time. Hence, the number of your application= number of applications at this session + number of applications by applicants who received job offers
Yeah! probably! In fact, I remember that in february 2016, Québec accept 2.600 applications with the same system (Mon Projet) but it was total mess: the queue list doesnt exist and the webpage was very unstable.
Maybe, all those 2.600, plus the other persons who applies under other type of applications... and the 5.000 persons today, could explain this correlative number (Just in theory!)

Anyway, here's my experience from today:
-I enter to Mon Projet to 8.30 hrs (Montreal and the country where I live have the same hour)
-I was number 11.000+ in the queue
-At 12.30 hrs was my turn... I log into Mon Projet and send the application (there wasnt any problem with this process), and the number of my application that they gave me was 5.900+

:( By the way... If we could send the application, and if we have 30 days to make the payment, I guess we should do it anyway!!..
Or.. What if you pay and then reject your application??..
That would be a dirty business ... you know?

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
According to MIDI website, the ministry received 5000 applications at 12 h 58 Montreal time. Accordingly, the request D000000xxxx may not reflect the accumulated number of applications at this session. To illustrate, I submitted at 11 h 51 (Montreal time) with 5000+, which means that people who submit before 12 h 58 (Montreal time) are at the safe side.

link to the news:
http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/presse/communiques/com20160613.html

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
queensac said:
My application was received with payment at 11:47:48.Am I on safe side?
MIDI says that the last application , of 5000, was received on 12:58. which means that you are on the safe side.