+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation Letter for lack of Employer Reference Letter

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yulei said:
I feel for you all going through the hassle of having a detailed reference as i was a victim too.

In my own case, my employer stated my job roles, monthly pay and when i joined the organisation, but wrote they "Unfortunately they cannot comment on my performance" which was among all listed requirements CIC asked for.

luckily one of the senior staff i had a good relationship with, decided to give me one (one on one level)

Trust me, that ref letter required by cic is very important as my interview was based on the letter content.

My Advice: Always try and see if there is some one superior apart from your direct line-manager that will be willing to give you.

Good luck
Can you give us a rundown of what happened with the interview etc? Have you now landed?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
That is quite unfortunate, especially b/c the checklist does not ask about 'performance'. Anyway, I hope you aced the interview and have PR status now.

Yulei said:
I feel for you all going through the hassle of having a detailed reference as i was a victim too.

In my own case, my employer stated my job roles, monthly pay and when i joined the organisation, but wrote they "Unfortunately they cannot comment on my performance" which was among all listed requirements CIC asked for.

luckily one of the senior staff i had a good relationship with, decided to give me one (one on one level)

Trust me, that ref letter required by cic is very important as my interview was based on the letter content.

My Advice: Always try and see if there is some one superior apart from your direct line-manager that will be willing to give you.

Good luck

nayan.pala

Jun 30, 2014
RabbiGill said:
Hi, This is something I used. I am providing you, obviously, a more generic version:
Re: Explanation for missing letter of reference from the employer

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had joined XYZ international on DD MM YYYY in India and have been transferred to its Canadian office on a work permit from DD MM YYYY to work with their client, ABC INC.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to ask for any employment reference letter from my employer as such a request may jeopardize my current employment. I hope you understand my situation and still consider my application eligible for Canadian permanent residency.

However please see the attached Employment Proof procured for different purposes, which would relate my association with XYZ International in Canada and strengthen this application.

Below is the information that was sought from my employer. I will attach photocopies of all documents where they are relevant.

1. Period of Employment with XYZ International : Total Years
2. Positions I have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position: Positions
3. My main responsibilities and duties in each position See attached
4. Employment Proof procured for a different purpose, stating my stay in Canada with XYZ International See attached
5. My annual salary plus benefits CAD -----
6. Employer Offer Letter, Onsite Offer Letter and Salary Revision Letters See attached
7. The number of hours worked per week 37.5 hrs

I hope the information provided and the supporting documents attached with my application satisfy your requirements.

Hi Rabbi,

So did VO asked you for further information since u dint provide the reference letter? I am in a similar situation and would want to know from you guys has anyone got the visa without the reference letter?

Did you had a job offer while you were applying for Canada or you got the job after u landed in Canada?

Please explain what shud i do for reference letter ?

Thanks in advance.....