+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation in lieu of documents....

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Another question, my husband now has an emergency appointment with the German consulate to get his passport renewed (at least get the process going)....should we upload the appointment document to the IRCC? Also, how plausible is it that the IRCC already knows that my husband is in Canada? Should we inform them?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Another question, my husband now has an emergency appointment with the German consulate to get his passport renewed (at least get the process going)....should we upload the appointment document to the IRCC? Also, how plausible is it that the IRCC already knows that my husband is in Canada? Should we inform them?
You have not informed them he's in Canada? Yes, update that.

No idea whether the appointment document will help.

Reactions: D&S

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Webform.

If you sent your mom documents already - by email? - y a u coule try that way too.
That is a Q that none of us asked throughout this thread, whether IRCC knew/knows he is in Canada. It was also not mentioned where the PP request came from, Germany or Canada. I believe in past situations I have seen here, with the same situation of the PA being in country but IRCC not being aware of it, once they are advised then IRCC will give new instructions.

Reactions: D&S

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
That is a Q that none of us asked throughout this thread, whether IRCC knew/knows he is in Canada. It was also not mentioned where the PP request came from, Germany or Canada. I believe in past situations I have seen here, with the same situation of the PA being in country but IRCC not being aware of it, once they are advised then IRCC will give new instructions.
We had assumed IRCC would know because my husband applied for a visitor extension (visitor record) back on July. Apparently we shouldn't assume.

The passport request letter came from Canada: Family Class Unit.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
PPRs now seem to contain standard text about where to submit if in Canada. So it's likely not critical in this case and one indicates return address in submission anyway.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We had assumed IRCC would know because my husband applied for a visitor extension (visitor record) back on July. Apparently we shouldn't assume.

The passport request letter came from Canada: Family Class Unit.
Probably clear but in case. Your passport request had instructions on how to submit if in Canada? And you followed those instruction?

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Probably clear but in case. Your passport request had instructions on how to submit if in Canada? And you followed those instruction?
All they said was to upload scans of his passport pages.