+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation for Option C printout

Irene

Nov 26, 2007
I will not be able to provide an Option C printout for the most recent taxation year beacuse I have been living and working outside of Canada for 3 years. In the document checklist Q.17 I have to provide an explanation.
1. Is my explanation as simple as that? or are there documents that I should provide? what?
I need a bit of help on what to write.
Thanks,
Irene

NK

Aug 31, 2007
Im also a canadian living abroad,, just sent in the application. I simply explained that I havent filed my taxes as of yet because I am living abroad, and threw in pay stubs from my overseas employer for the past year just to be safe.

Its only been a month since we mailed the app,, so too early to tell if Im right/wrong

Best of luck.

Irene

Nov 26, 2007
I am paying taxes in Germany together with my husband. Should I send a notarised copy of the equivalent Option C? or is that not necessary.
Suggestions

npierce

Jun 25, 2007
Hi Irene-

My Canadian husband also worked outside of Canada for about 3 years. What we did was included with all the immigration paperwork was his most recent Option C Printout (which was 2003), along with a letter written by my husband explaining why this was the most recent, and finally we sent a copy of our joint tax return from 2006.

Hope this helps...

T

TaaDow

Hello

Please provide us with just a simple explanation (as you did above) about why no Canadian tax forms are available. A copy of a current letter of employment or other proof of employment overseas is appreciated but not required since obviously when you return to Canada you will likely become temporarily unemployed.

We receive MANY applications from CC's living abroad, we understand the lack of an option C in these cases.

Feb 13, 2007
Hi.

I was living and working in the UK along with my husband. Since I'm the sponsor.. I didn't have anything from canada for at least 8 years. So what I did is to provide some sort of proof of financial stability including my current job pay stubs from the government, investment statements etc, valuation on the house etc etc etc

That seemed to be okay.