+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiry date same as issue date?

Milliontrack

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I applied for a permanent residence visa in Canada under the in-Canada spousal class with my husband as my sponsor, and I sent in a work permit application with it.
I just got it back in the mail, and it’s an official work permit but it says that it was issued on 2017/11/21 and it expires on 2017/11/21, and also in the requirements it says I need to leave Canada by the same date too.
But on top of that at the bottom under remarks it says “TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER 183(6) PENDING FC Apr.”

Does that mean that they got the date wrong and I should reapply? It’s december now so do I have to leave right away, or does it just mean I can work until a decision is made?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I applied for a permanent residence visa in Canada under the in-Canada spousal class with my husband as my sponsor, and I sent in a work permit application with it.
I just got it back in the mail, and it’s an official work permit but it says that it was issued on 2017/11/21 and it expires on 2017/11/21, and also in the requirements it says I need to leave Canada by the same date too.
But on top of that at the bottom under remarks it says “TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER 183(6) PENDING FC Apr.”

Does that mean that they got the date wrong and I should reapply? It’s december now so do I have to leave right away, or does it just mean I can work until a decision is made?
Hi

This happened to a few people. You need to contact IRCC and they will reissue a corrected work permit.