+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiry date on PR Card and eCOPR different/ PR Visa

majormelon

Sep 23, 2021
Hi guys,

So I received my PR card yesterday. The expiry on the card says Sep 13, 2026. I check my eCOPR and it says expiry date is June 26, 2024; valid to date is May 18, 2022. Should I be worried that the expiry date is different on the PR Card and eCOPR?

Another question, now that I received my PR card, should I apply for a PR visa on passport as well? I'd like to travel to the US and Europe in the future and I have a Vietnamese passport.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

So I received my PR card yesterday. The expiry on the card says Sep 13, 2026. I check my eCOPR and it says expiry date is June 26, 2024; valid to date is May 18, 2022. Should I be worried that the expiry date is different on the PR Card and eCOPR?

Another question, now that I received my PR card, should I apply for a PR visa on passport as well? I'd like to travel to the US and Europe in the future and I have a Vietnamese passport.

Thanks!
PR card expiry date has nothing to do with when you received PR or your residency requirement. ECOPR should have a much shorter expiry date (looks like it is 2022 date) because COPR is just a landing document. Once you land COPR is just a proof that you landed. You must still meet the 2 out of 5 years starting the day you landed as a PR. PR visa doesn’t exist. If you want to travel to the US or Europe you will have to look at the visa requirements in each country for Vietnamese citizens with PR in Canada.