+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiry date of lmia in express entry

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys
Anyone knows which one is the expiry date of lmia .I need to write in the express entry profile issue date and expiry date?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi guys
Anyone knows which one is the expiry date of lmia .I need to write in the express entry profile issue date and expiry date?
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/lmia_expiry.pageP

Reactions: Adanac11

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi guys
It's on ANNEX A of your lmia letter- ASSESSMENT expiry date is the LMIA expiry date. It is usually valid for 6 months.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybe said:
It's on ANNEX A of your lmia letter- ASSESSMENT expiry date is the LMIA expiry date. It is usually valid for 6 months.
That's correct.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
Maaftgbkum said:
So can I write in the express entry my lmia assessment date has expired in March can i get 600 points
If it's already expired- you can't get 600 points. you need valid LMIA to get 600 scores.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
What .how. I am on that lmia based work permit. How is that possible. Because that validity is only for assessment of applying work permit.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter whether your LMIA expired or not, as long as you have a valid work permit. You still get additional 600 points.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Maaftgbkum said:
What .how. I am on that lmia based work permit. How is that possible. Because that validity is only for assessment of applying work permit.
If you are currently doing a job in Canada which is based on that LMIA, then it doesn't matter if LMIA is expired or not, you'll get 600 points for that LMIA.

But if someone is still in his/her home country and applied for work permit based on LMIA and LMIA gets expired, in this case he/she cannot claim 600 points for that LMIA. They will have to land in Canada with LMIA based work permit and start their job. Once they start their LMIA based job, they'll get 600 points for their PR application through Express Entry.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
Maaftgbkum said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

If recruiting from within Canada

"If you have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment for an employee holding a temporary work permit to whom you wish to extend a permanent job offer, the LMIA may still be valid under Express Entry. However, if the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry."

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
imrankhan2015 said:
If you are currently doing a job in Canada which is based on that LMIA, then it doesn't matter if LMIA is expired or not, you'll get 600 points for that LMIA.

But if someone is still in his/her home country and applied for work permit based on LMIA and LMIA gets expired, in this case he/she cannot claim 600 points for that LMIA. They will have to land in Canada with LMIA based work permit and start their job. Once they start their LMIA based job, they'll get 600 points for their PR application through Express Entry.

Right I have got it
Thanks Imran khan thanks for helping

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
jaybe said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

If recruiting from within Canada

"If you have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment for an employee holding a temporary work permit to whom you wish to extend a permanent job offer, the LMIA may still be valid under Express Entry. However, if the position or person was previously exempt from an LMIA, then a new LMIA will be required under Express Entry."
Thanks Jay be for quick response

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
yes it says "may still be valid under Express Entry" but i heard from one in this forum that his PR application is rejected because of expired LMIA.

AND you need to submit job offer letter+lmia when you submit your PR application. I had applied based on LMIA so its my personal experience.

Good Luck!

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
Maaftgbkum said:
He had a work permit or he was in the canada
he was in canada working based on lmia workpermit.