+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired Work permit- PR is in processing.

subbu_9

Aug 5, 2021
Hi everyone,

This is rag here. My query is that I have applied for PR[CEC]class and I am done with my medicals and also biometrics. I had to visit India due to some family emergency. During this period, my Post-graduate work permit got expired when I'm in India itself. My PR application is still in processing as of today. It's been almost 14 months since I filed for PR.It is currently in CPC-Ottawa. I have submitted many webforms previously asking them to change my address and of no use. So, I don't know what should I do now. I don't have a valid TRV to travel back to Canada at the moment. I cannot apply for Bridge work permit from India. Please give me a appropriate solution for my current situation.

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

This is rag here. My query is that I have applied for PR[CEC]class and I am done with my medicals and also biometrics. I had to visit India due to some family emergency. During this period, my Post-graduate work permit got expired when I'm in India itself. My PR application is still in processing as of today. It's been almost 14 months since I filed for PR.It is currently in CPC-Ottawa. I have submitted many webforms previously asking them to change my address and of no use. So, I don't know what should I do now. I don't have a valid TRV to travel back to Canada at the moment. I cannot apply for Bridge work permit from India. Please give me a appropriate solution for my current situation.

Thanks,
If you want to be able to travel to Canada and remain in Canada as a visitor (without working) until your PR application is approved, then you need to apply for a TRV.

If you want to come to Canada on a work permit while you wait for the PR process to be finished, then you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit. As you said, you don't qualify for a BOWP.

The other option is to remain in India until PR is approved and then travel to Canada. When they are ready to issue PR, they will ask you if you are inside or outside of Canada.

These are your options.

subbu_9

Aug 5, 2021
My first priority is to return back to Canada at the earliest possible.Once after I land there, I will wait until my PR gets approved. Since you have mentioned that I can apply for a TRV, does it mean a visitor visa?

So, can I apply for a visitor visa or is there any particular visa to apply in my case since I’m outside of canada right now.

Please let me know accordingly.

Also, thank you so much for a quick reply.

Thanks again,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My first priority is to return back to Canada at the earliest possible.Once after I land there, I will wait until my PR gets approved. Since you have mentioned that I can apply for a TRV, does it mean a visitor visa?

So, can I apply for a visitor visa or is there any particular visa to apply in my case since I’m outside of canada right now.

Please let me know accordingly.

Also, thank you so much for a quick reply.

Thanks again,
Yes, a TRV is a visitor visa.

There isn't any other particular visa you can apply for in your situation. The TRV is the only option right now.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
If you want to be able to travel to Canada and remain in Canada as a visitor (without working) until your PR application is approved, then you need to apply for a TRV.

If you want to come to Canada on a work permit while you wait for the PR process to be finished, then you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit. As you said, you don't qualify for a BOWP.

The other option is to remain in India until PR is approved and then travel to Canada. When they are ready to issue PR, they will ask you if you are inside or outside of Canada.

These are your options.
Do you know can one apply for BOWP in Canada, then immediately leave Canada while waiting for it? Once approved, asking a friend to mail the BOWP to me.