+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired VISA with valid Study Permit

notmyrealname

Jul 26, 2017
Hi I have a valid study permit but an expired visa (more than 6 months) I was unaware that I was supposed to submit my passport for the stamp. I want to know whether I am in trouble even with a valid stdy permit.

Kindly let me know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I have a valid study permit but an expired visa (more than 6 months) I was unaware that I was supposed to submit my passport for the stamp. I want to know whether I am in trouble even with a valid stdy permit.

Kindly let me know.
Hi

There is no requirement to have a valid TRV while in Canada. You should apply for a new one anyways just in case you need to leave Canada at any point.

Reactions: notmyrealname

notmyrealname

Jul 26, 2017
Hi

There is no requirement to have a valid TRV while in Canada. You should apply for a new one anyways just in case you need to leave Canada at any point.
Hi I am not planning to travel anywhere but I was concerned that it maybe illegal for me to remain in Canada with an expired visa even if my study permit is valid. Thank you for your reply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I am not planning to travel anywhere but I was concerned that it maybe illegal for me to remain in Canada with an expired visa even if my study permit is valid. Thank you for your reply.
Nevertheless, you should always have a valid TRV in case of emergency. There have been many people who were suddenly called home and found themselves stuck outside of Canada waiting for a TRV to be processed while they missed school or work.

Reactions: notmyrealname

notmyrealname

Jul 26, 2017
Nevertheless, you should always have a valid TRV in case of emergency. There have been many people who were suddenly called home and found themselves stuck outside of Canada waiting for a TRV to be processed while they missed school or work.
Thank you for letting me know. I am going to apply today. Would I be in trouble if the embassy sees that I am applying after 6 moths of expiry?