+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired SIN, SP sent for amendment, almost time for PGWP

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
Hey Guys,

So I have a valid study and work-permit (co-op) till end of July 2019. My program just finished (this April was last semester).

Now, due to change in program earlier, I had to extend my study permit by 4 months this year, and when I got the new permit, they had my name wrong (didn't realize this until I went to extend my SIN, which they suggested that I wait for amended permits). So I applied for amending the study permit in March, and got a rejection-reply within 3 weeks (April 7) because I did not send original StudyPermit and WorkPermit (sent scanned copied instead). Its all good till here (not really, but eh).

On April 10, I sent another application for amending my StudyPermit and WorkPermit, this time with original documents and correct application. My SIN expired at end of March (because my permits had wrong names), and I still don't have permits. I know they say that processing time is a month, but some of my friends have had issues in past where they didn't receive permits until 2.5 months or more. I am worried about this because if this happens to me, I don't even have my valid SIN yet. I am about to apply for PGWP since my program has ended, and I also have had some really good interviews for full-time jobs, but I don't think I can start my full time job until I have a valid SIN, correct?

I know that applying for PGWP gives you implied status, but will it work in my case (when I don't have valid SIN)? Note that I still have scanned copies of my permits with me, so I can show those to employer and still prove that my status is valid, however I won't have valid SIN until my amended documents arrive.

So what I wanted to ask is, will my scanned permits (with slightly wrong name), and me applying for PGWP be enough for showing to my future full-time employer that my status is valid?

Ckharry

May 5, 2019
Nainital
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
16-11-2022
Yes, you can work on implied status and your sin is valid on implied status.