+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired pr card renewal!! urgent!

yimjehong

Feb 14, 2013
I've been living in Canada for more than 10 years as a PR

The problem is that I lost my PR card long time ago..(i'd say it's been 5-6 years since i lost it)

Stupid as i was, i didn't report that i lost the card, nor apply for renewal when it expired.

i just let it slip my mind since i never left the country. (well i went to the states for a couple of days, didn't have any problem coming back w/o my pr card)

now i'm trying to renew it. am i going to have a serious problem? how can i prove that i stayed in canada all these years?

Need urgent help!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Why not apply for citizenship?

As for your query, I believe you will be "replacing" the card not renewing it. A new card will have a new expiry date. In addition to the documents you must submit, you may consider adding some of the following:
1. employment letter(s) from all your employers
2. tax records - T4 slips, notice of assessments from CRA
3. copy of lease for apartment(s)
4. copy of utilities bills sent to your home address(es)
5. record of your medical visits - you can request it from your provincial medical office
6. request travel record(s) from CBSA
7. banking records
8. school attendance(if you attended school), gym memberships, church membership, etc

Anything you think can help establish your presence in Canada.

yimjehong

Feb 14, 2013
Thank you for your reply SenoritaBella!

But i was informed that i need my pr card in order to apply for citizenship. am i wrong?

so there isn't much chance that i get stripped of PR status?

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are confusing pr card with pr status.
if you are not planning to leave/travel outside Canada you don't need to renew. about citizenship it's your pr status which have to be valid through out your process of citizenship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There no duty to have a PR card inside Canada. If you want to renew your PR card now, go for it. If you have been living in Canada and you can prove it, you have nothing to worry about. As for the old expired card, just say you lost it.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yimjehong said:
I've been living in Canada for more than 10 years as a PR

The problem is that I lost my PR card long time ago..(i'd say it's been 5-6 years since i lost it)

Stupid as i was, i didn't report that i lost the card, nor apply for renewal when it expired.

i just let it slip my mind since i never left the country. (well i went to the states for a couple of days, didn't have any problem coming back w/o my pr card)

now i'm trying to renew it. am i going to have a serious problem? how can i prove that i stayed in canada all these years?

Need urgent help!!
Submit the regular application for a lost, damaged or expired card - its on the CIC website. The form requires supporting documentation as proof of your physical presence in Canada. If you have a paper trail that conforms to these requirements you will get your PR Card. If not then it will go to investigation.

mshehzad

Jan 10, 2012
hi
i am in same situation and need urgent help
i applied short of 730 days as i stayed only 240 out of 5 years
i applied in november 2011 for the renewal
application was forwarded to local office at st clair
then from CIC LONDON ONTARIO i received the RQ
with 30 days time limit which is expiring on 12th of april

should I withdraw my applicatin
as in november 2013 i will complete my 730 days
and then i will be able to apply for fresh appliction
my wife and son both are canadian citizens and have lived last 7 years in canada and did not traveled
any body,s help will be appericiated

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mshehzad said:
hi
i am in same situation and need urgent help
i applied short of 730 days as i stayed only 240 out of 5 years
i applied in november 2011 for the renewal
application was forwarded to local office at st clair
then from CIC LONDON ONTARIO i received the RQ
with 30 days time limit which is expiring on 12th of april

should I withdraw my applicatin
as in november 2013 i will complete my 730 days
and then i will be able to apply for fresh appliction
my wife and son both are canadian citizens and have lived last 7 years in canada and did not traveled
any body,s help will be appericiated

thanks
Your problem is completely different than the problem discussed earlier in this thread. The original person who posted here meets residency requirements. You don't.

You should not have applied to renew your PR status without meeting the residency requirement. You should try to withdraw your application and hope it is not too late. If it is not too late, you can re-submit your PR renewal application once you meet the residency requirement.

senthil_kn

May 13, 2014
Hi,

I'm just curious as to how is it possible to enter Canada back without the PR card? Is there an alternative immigration document

Thanks,
Kumar

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
senthil_kn said:
Hi,

I'm just curious as to how is it possible to enter Canada back without the PR card? Is there an alternative immigration document

Thanks,
Kumar
1. Permanent Resident Travel Document

2. Using a Visit Visa Exempt passport to Canada e.g. USA - show up at the border and CBSA will process you

3. Using a US Alien Registration Card (green card) - again CBSA will process you.

4. Via a US/ Canada land border crossing with your expired PR Card or Landing Documents (COPR or Form IMM1000).