+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired PR card but want to travel

Noraalex

Oct 18, 2017
Hi , I am a very confused single mom. I landed in 2012 and stayed a month then I came again in 2013 another month and in 2015 two weeks till I was able to bring my kids and take the step in July 2016 . Now I did not complete the 730 days and they told me I can not apply unless I finish the days cpunted. Now, I have to travel to USA to see my parents. some friends told me I can always use my car and that will be fine especially that if I have documents to prove that kids in school and I am in a college. please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi , I am a very confused single mom. I landed in 2012 and stayed a month then I came again in 2013 another month and in 2015 two weeks till I was able to bring my kids and take the step in July 2016 . Now I did not complete the 730 days and they told me I can not apply unless I finish the days cpunted. Now, I have to travel to USA to see my parents. some friends told me I can always use my car and that will be fine especially that if I have documents to prove that kids in school and I am in a college. please advise
As you don't meet the Residency Obligation, there is always the possibility of being reported when re-entering, regardless of how you enter or what your kids are doing. This would likely result in your PR status being revoked.

Up to you to decide if you want to take the risk.