+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired Passport

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
My Respect to all
I've a situation here which I am Looking for some advice, i have applied for my wifes spousal sponsorship in land and open work permit currently (she's out of status )now the cic requires a valid/up to date passport, because she was out of status she could not renew her indian passport, now the CIC requires a valid document, honestly speaking im a little nervous. What if the general consulate does not renew, or has anyone been in a similar scenerio

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My Respect to all
I've a situation here which I am Looking for some advice, i have applied for my wifes spousal sponsorship in land and open work permit currently (she's out of status )now the cic requires a valid/up to date passport, because she was out of status she could not renew her indian passport, now the CIC requires a valid document, honestly speaking im a little nervous. What if the general consulate does not renew, or has anyone been in a similar scenerio
There is a very good chance that they won't renew if she is out of status and your wife won't qualify for a WP until she has AIP. It would have been a better idea to apply for outland sponsorship in case she does have to return home during the sponsorship process. Have you asked the Indian consulate whether it is possible to renew her passport given her current status? Have you been asked specifically to provide a valid passport?

Baaghi

Jul 26, 2019
We actually have a immigration lawyer representing us, Cic did request a valid passport or travel document, they however also mentionee if not possible please provide a good reason, my Lawyers intention is to submit an affidavit with the request form to the general consulate of India and hopefully they will renew, expired 4 years ago

Ness1170

Mar 24, 2021
We actually have a immigration lawyer representing us, Cic did request a valid passport or travel document, they however also mentionee if not possible please provide a good reason, my Lawyers intention is to submit an affidavit with the request form to the general consulate of India and hopefully they will renew, expired 4 years ago