+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired passport (asylum seeker)

Sergio1982

Jan 21, 2019
I need your help/advice. My passport has recently expired, and I am unable to have it renewed by my home country because I am an asylum seeker living in another country (i.e. France), having applied for protection against my country of origin. I wanted to finalise my Express Entry profile but the system has been rejecting my expired passport details. What would you advise me to do? I also have a national ID that does not expire, but when trying to use it the system requests an expiry date and i am stuck!

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I need your help/advice. My passport has recently expired, and I am unable to have it renewed by my home country because I am an asylum seeker living in another country (i.e. France), having applied for protection against my country of origin. I wanted to finalise my Express Entry profile but the system has been rejecting my expired passport details. What would you advise me to do? I also have a national ID that does not expire, but when trying to use it the system requests an expiry date and i am stuck!
Better consult an Immigration Lawyer on this. He would be most apt to help you out.

Sergio1982

Jan 21, 2019
Thank you. Will definitely look for a lawyer, though I was planning to use lawyer’s services when an invitation to apply for PR will have been issued, not at this expression of interest stage.