+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired LMO

karyl

Apr 21, 2010
job_seeker said:
Answered your query on another thread. Wait out the application, mate. You're good as far as the LMO is concerned. Make sure your contract/job offer is valid when you get your visa as that is what the POE officer will look at upon entry to Canada.
hi, im currently waiting for my working visa but my LMO expires tomorrow.. they sent me a letter instructing me to go on with my medical exams.. :) friends informed me that i will have to renew my LMO soon once the embassy asked me to.. my question is, will the embassy be contacting my employer to request renewal? or will i be the one to contact the employer? because if i will have to be the one to contact the employer, they might charge me again for the renewal, which i think will cost me too much... has anyone tried renewing their LMO? thanks a lot...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
karyl said:
hi, im currently waiting for my working visa but my LMO expires tomorrow.. they sent me a letter instructing me to go on with my medical exams.. :) friends informed me that i will have to renew my LMO soon once the embassy asked me to.. my question is, will the embassy be contacting my employer to request renewal? or will i be the one to contact the employer? because if i will have to be the one to contact the employer, they might charge me again for the renewal, which i think will cost me too much... has anyone tried renewing their LMO? thanks a lot...
If you have submitted your application before the expiration of your LMO, then you're okay.

The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit. If a worker has not applied by that date, the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must apply for a new LMO, if he/she still wishes to hire a foreign worker.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers/QA6Month.shtml#Q01

Your job offer and contract must be current and valid though. Who's charging you for what?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
My LMO is going to expire by 2010/05/28 but my work permit is going to expire 2011/04/06 and i just submitted my application for PR today under the LCP . If my LMO expires,is it going to affect my PR application even thou is nt expired as at the time that i filed for my PR? Should i request for another LMO ?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Monalizy said:
My LMO is going to expire by 2010/05/28 but my work permit is going to expire 2011/04/06 and i just submitted my application for PR today under the LCP . If my LMO expires,is it going to affect my PR application even thou is nt expired as at the time that i filed for my PR? Should i request for another LMO ?
It's okay that your LMO is expired, that is if you're not applying for a work permit right now using the expired LMO. What is important is you make certain that your WP is valid and you qualify in one of the two LCP PR app options. BTW, how come your LMO is still valid till May when you're ready to apply for the PR?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
job_seeker said:
It's okay that your LMO is expired, that is if you're not applying for a work permit right now using the expired LMO. What is important is you make certain that your WP is valid and you qualify in one of the two LCP PR app options. BTW, how come your LMO is still valid till May when you're ready to apply for the PR?
[/q

I was given 3yrs LMO and this is my third year in canada under the LCP .My work permit was for a year ,then it got expired and i renewed it and i was given 2yrs,that is the reason why my LMO expires before my work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Monalizy said:
I was given 3yrs LMO and this is my third year in canada under the LCP .My work permit was for a year ,then it got expired and i renewed it and i was given 2yrs,that is the reason why my LMO expires before my work permit.
Thanks. All LMOs with expiration more than 6 months issued before May 2009 expired in November 0f 2009.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
job_seeker said:
Thanks. All LMOs with expiration more than 6 months issued before May 2009 expired in November 0f 2009.
So does it mean my LMO is expired already even thou it's suppose to expire may 28 2010 ? Will this affect my PR application cos my work permit is still very valid ? Thanx.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Monalizy said:
So does it mean my LMO is expired already even thou it's suppose to expire may 28 2010 ? Will this affect my PR application cos my work permit is still very valid ? Thanx.
You don't need the LMO since you already have a WP , and when you renew your WP (in case you need to) with your present employer.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
job_seeker said:
You don't need the LMO since you already have a WP , and when you renew your WP (in case you need to) with your present employer.
Thank you.
I read that caregivers can apply for study permit if they needed to do a course longer than 6mth, but since it was stated that caregiver can not go to school even if it is Adult night school or day school except special interest programs,wont applying for study permit have a negative effect of one status?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will work closely with caregiver groups to improve information packages that live-in caregivers receive before they leave for Canada. CIC will also set up a dedicated live-in caregiver hotline. Emergency processing of work permits and new authorization requests from employers to hire a live-in caregiver will help caregivers when they need to change employers urgently. Live-in caregivers will continue to be able to apply for study permits when they want to take courses longer than six months; they do not need study permits for shorter courses.