+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired IELTS

AREN.21

Apr 22, 2021
Hello, I have taken a 1 year course in a college for May intake 2021. My IELTS will expire around August 24,2021 as 2 years will be completed. Will this affect my studies? Also, Do I need to give another IELTS exam to take a 2nd one-year course for Jan 2022?
Please help me out here.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello, I have taken a 1 year course in a college for May intake 2021. My IELTS will expire around August 24,2021 as 2 years will be completed. Will this affect my studies? Also, Do I need to give another IELTS exam to take a 2nd one-year course for Jan 2022?
Please help me out here.
Hi,
No, you dont have to. Ielts is needed for the admission process. once you get the admission it will be valid throughout your program.

Hope this helps

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Please help me out here.
IELTS is just a requirement for the process of Admission alone. You don't have to retake the test.

AREN.21

Apr 22, 2021
Hi,
No, you dont have to. Ielts is needed for the admission process. once you get the admission it will be valid throughout your program.

Hope this helps
Okay, but as I had stated my IELTS will expire in August,2021. So if I want to take another 1 year course for January,2022 I have to take its admission before my IELTS expires?

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Okay, but as I had stated my IELTS will expire in August,2021. So if I want to take another 1 year course for January,2022 I have to take its admission before my IELTS expires?
Is this course a new course? If so, you will have to take but sometimes they exempt ielts if your prerequisite is done in canada.

AREN.21

Apr 22, 2021
Is this course a new course? If so, you will have to take but sometimes they exempt ielts if your prerequisite is done in canada.
What do you mean by new course, can you explain? I have begun studying the 1st sem from my first course from my home country (not Canada). So do the colleges give us offer letter (for the 2nd course) if our IELTS is about to expire?

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
What do you mean by new course, can you explain? I have begun studying the 1st sem from my first course from my home country (not Canada). So do the colleges give us offer letter (for the 2nd course) if our IELTS is about to expire?
You can use the same ielts if it is still valid for another admission. Apply for admission before the ielts expire.

Reactions: AREN.21

habibuk

Jun 13, 2021
IELTS is just a requirement for the process of Admission alone. You don't have to retake the test.
I haven't IELTS. but i want to apply to canada . any one can tell me about the process for canada visa application.
Is IELTS must for Visit visa ?

registered1

Jul 6, 2021
As you already know ielts is needed for the admission process. Unless you need re-admission ielts will not be required until course completion.

AREN.21

Apr 22, 2021
You can use the same ielts if it is still valid for another admission. Apply for admission before the ielts expire.
Thanks for your advice, I got the admission for Jan 2022 from my current college.

Although I had one more doubt.

Can I travel with expired IELTS? I will be completing my first semester from my home country and during the sem break will be travelling. I might be travelling some 7 days before my IELTS expires, but this may even vary. So my main question was if I travel after my IELTS has expired, will that be a concern in immigration?

Aloha_MJ

Jul 28, 2021
I haven't IELTS. but i want to apply to canada . any one can tell me about the process for canada visa application.
Is IELTS must for Visit visa ?
It all depends on which type of visa you are applying for. If you are applying as a tourist the answer is NO, but if you opt to apply for work (take IELTS GENERAL TRAINING) and if you are applying for a student visa (take ACADEMIC TRAINING IELTS EXAM). This is just based on my family's experience and personal experience as well, I suggest you must visit and read the Canada website for you to know the requirements. Hope this one helps.

Sep 3, 2023
hi , my ielts has expired and right now i have competed my one semester in university in bsc general Biology after completing one semester in this course I droped that course and took admission in BA general history in the same university. So I have three questions
1. will this change in field of study ( science to art ) going to effect my PGWP and PR in future
2. do I need to inform to IRCC about this change as I have not change my DLL, I just change my program
3.I do have acceptance letter for BA general history but when I received this my IELTS already had expired at the time when applied for program change in the same university .So will this create any problem in the future.