+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired i94 that was not returned

liverpool2005

Jul 8, 2019
Hey,

I was issued a paper i94 when I visited the U.S by land for 4 days back in 2018. I was never asked to return my i94 upon exiting and I was not aware I had to return this. I am now reading that I should have returned this but I have no idea where it is.

I have checked my travel history on the i94 website and I can see my departure was recorded but I'm worried about the fact I never returned my i94.

Do I need to mail the address listed here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94? Or am I ok because my departure was recorded?

Any help is appreciated!

liverpool2005

Jul 8, 2019
If you are worried just print off your departure record and mail it with the i94. Concience will be clear then whether required or not given your departure was already recorded in the system.
I don't have the original i94 but I printed out the details of that i94 from their website. Will that be good enough? I was also going to send bank statements/payslips etc to show I was in Canada

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you have lost it nothing much you can do and as you found your departure record in system should be fine. No need to overthink it no need send anything as will just get lost without the i94.

Worst case next time you go in I guess CBP may take you into a darkened room and interrogate you for hours to confess where the lost I 94 form is as a matter of US national security.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hey,

I was issued a paper i94 when I visited the U.S by land for 4 days back in 2018. I was never asked to return my i94 upon exiting and I was not aware I had to return this. I am now reading that I should have returned this but I have no idea where it is.

I have checked my travel history on the i94 website and I can see my departure was recorded but I'm worried about the fact I never returned my i94.

Do I need to mail the address listed here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94? Or am I ok because my departure was recorded?

Any help is appreciated!
I don't have the original i94 but I printed out the details of that i94 from their website. Will that be good enough? I was also going to send bank statements/payslips etc to show I was in Canada
As far as I am aware, if your departure is recorded, you need take no further action.