+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired date on WP-EXT for PGWP

Rachelwang

Sep 14, 2021
Hi, anyone knows that can I continue to work after the expired date on WP-EXT for PGWP? I submited it on September 17, and I haven't recieved the decision.Thanks.

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, anyone knows that can I continue to work after the expired date on WP-EXT for PGWP? I submited it on September 17, and I haven't recieved the decision.Thanks.
Same, have you got an answer to it? Cuz everywhere I check, people keep giving mixed reply like some say it’s just a random letter issued for the employers if they need it and so, we can work until a decision is made on our application and some say we have to stop working and stuff. It’s really confusing and I’m worried right now since mine expires on January 21st.

Rachelwang

Sep 14, 2021
Same, have you got an answer to it? Cuz everywhere I check, people keep giving mixed reply like some say it’s just a random letter issued for the employers if they need it and so, we can work until a decision is made on our application and some say we have to stop working and stuff. It’s really confusing and I’m worried right now since mine expires on January 21st.
I think we can work after that day based on the law 186(w),link below:Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (justice.gc.ca) ;
and after 120 days, we may ask for the continue proof of of authorization to work using the IRCC web form, link below:Post-graduation work permit (PGWP) validity and application - Canada.ca ;
Hoping this can help you.

Hello12_3

Aug 22, 2019
Reactions: halcurrent

halcurrent

Mar 18, 2019
Oh ok and yes it helped like I feel kinda relieved. Thank you so much.
Please what was the outcome of this?
Please confirm you are able to still work upon expiration of the Wp-ext.
My wife is faced with a similar challenge now. She applied since Sept. Wp-Ext will expire on the 10th. Jan.
Decision yet to be received.