+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CORP

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
I got the passport request letter again. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation. My H1 expired, any thoughts on risking traveling with auto revalidation? What would the new expiry date be? Can i do a soft landing?
Hi, when did you receive the letter to send the passports? and what does it say?

Jay Clayton

Jun 16, 2022
Hello everyone. If someone can please share their experience it would be appreciated. I’m an American citizen from New York City & I completed the permanent residence application through spousal sponsorship. Due to personal family circumstances & other factors that I have proof of I wasn’t able to land in Canada as a permanent resident. I reached out to IRCC on the webform & I was told by IRCC to contact the Visa Application office in New York through email. My medical expired on March 3rd 2022. I emailed the visa office and was told this.
Dear Sir,

The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) has expired and, as a result, cannot be used for landing.

This office will request an extension of your medical result, which will in turn, extend the validity of the CoPR.

If a new medical exam is required, this office will advise you in the coming days.

Advise this office if you intend to remain in Canada for the near future as we may be able to coordinate with an IRCC office inland for in-Canada landing.

Kindly await further instructions.

Consulate General of Canada / Consulat Général du Canada
466 Lexington Avenue, 20th Floor, New York, NY 10017

would they grant the extension if I received this message ?