+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CORP

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Friends,

Was wondering if anyone submitted Webform stating ready for travel after their COPR expired.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

1. Wanted to know what documents you sent for proof of an acceptable plan to settle.
2. Also what is the non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada.
3. Also anyone got any response after submitting these documents from IRCC.

Soft landing is definitely a NO for guys with Expired CORP. So wondering what guys in US with Expired CORP are planning to do ?

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Guys can anyone please comment. Anyone with Expired COPR in USA. please let me know what your plans are.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I don't have any experience on this.. but the only thing I can suggest you is to take a short term lease somewhere between 3-6 months and mention that you would continue working remotely for your US employer from Canada, and try to live in Canada for 3+ months and move back to US. If you don't have stamped visa, just do AVR once 30 days for those 3 months. I would believe that this should be acceptable for IRCC. It appears that you don't have much choice other than doing this to save your PR.

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Only thing I am worried is they are asking to move permanently. How do I get around that. I can stay in Canada for a month or so but difficult to move in one shot.

Janani2109

Jul 15, 2020
Friends,

Was wondering if anyone submitted Webform stating ready for travel after their COPR expired.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

1. Wanted to know what documents you sent for proof of an acceptable plan to settle.
2. Also what is the non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada.
3. Also anyone got any response after submitting these documents from IRCC.

Soft landing is definitely a NO for guys with Expired CORP. So wondering what guys in US with Expired CORP are planning to do ?
We have an expired COPR too. We sent a webform to IRCC staying that we are ready to travel. Border is not accepting soft landings with expired COPR. We are waiting to hear back from them

Surbhi9146

Sep 19, 2020
Hello Folks- Our COPR and PRV visa expired in July and we got the extension letter in June saying when you are ready to travel raise the web form for next steps. We want to settle now in canada for good and already raises multiple web forms in last 30 daya but not getting any instructions for new visa or any authorization letter which we can use to travel. Do you know or did anyone travel to Canada for PR via flight or car on the expired COPR recently? Please Please advice on this asap! Thank

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
I have not found anyone from USA get an Extension yet. I have raised multiple web forms but I got Generic response. Not Sure what else we can do other than raise web forms.

Msin2020

Sep 9, 2020
I have not found anyone from USA get an Extension yet. I have raised multiple web forms but I got Generic response. Not Sure what else we can do other than raise web forms.
No.. we got only generic reply.. they are just not answering any of the questions we asked
Haven’t found anyone from the US (expired COPR cases) who has received a reply from IRCC regarding extensions. Just some generic replies. We are in the same boat. Waiting anxiously.

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hello Folks- Our COPR and PRV visa expired in July and we got the extension letter in June saying when you are ready to travel raise the web form for next steps. We want to settle now in canada for good and already raises multiple web forms in last 30 daya but not getting any instructions for new visa or any authorization letter which we can use to travel. Do you know or did anyone travel to Canada for PR via flight or car on the expired COPR recently? Please Please advice on this asap! Thank
I got the passport request letter again. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation. My H1 expired, any thoughts on risking traveling with auto revalidation? What would the new expiry date be? Can i do a soft landing?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Haven’t found anyone from the US (expired COPR cases) who has received a reply from IRCC regarding extensions. Just some generic replies. We are in the same boat. Waiting anxiously.
I got the passport request letter again. I live in US and my previous COPR expired in July. I didn't raise a webform for travel. I wasn't asked for any supporting documentation. My H1 expired, any thoughts on risking traveling with auto revalidation? What would the new expiry date be? Can i do a soft landing?