+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPr

Samerbara

May 23, 2020
Hi,

I want to ask what is the procedure to follow in case someone has an expired COPr? It was expired on 17th June 2020.

Regards

Samer

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I want to ask what is the procedure to follow in case someone has an expired COPr? It was expired on 17th June 2020.

Regards

Samer
As I understand, you will have to write to IRCC with specific travel dates and a brief explanation that your inability to travel was due to covid, as well as matters like isolation plans, place to live, etc.

Details are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
Hi,

Regards

Samer
Hi,
My COPR expired in May.
As of now, IRCC is asking us to raise a web form with supporting documents justifying that plan is to settle there permanently.
You can attach anything that shows you terminated your work,rental agreements, etc.in your home country.
Your proposed work plan there, your proposed travel plan,
and after assessing your documents provided, they will send further instructions.
All the best.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Hi,
My COPR expired in May.
As of now, IRCC is asking us to raise a web form with supporting documents justifying that plan is to settle there permanently.
You can attach anything that shows you terminated your work,rental agreements, etc.in your home country.
Your proposed work plan there, your proposed travel plan,
and after assessing your documents provided, they will send further instructions.
All the best.
My CoPR expired on June 5 and I raised a few webforms explaining my inability to travel due to covid, flight cancellations etc. Every time I raised a webform I attached my cancelled tickets. Now the airlines do not have tickets available easily and if they are, I don't have a valid travel permit.
Also when you say we need to tell them our proposed work plan, how can we do that?
I resigned from my job in March end because my tickets were booked for April first week, But because the ticket was cancelled, I resumed work. This happened again in May with new set of tickets. Do I need to resign again and attach the resignation acceptance?
I am really confused.

ayaron

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan (for example, plane tickets) or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Hi. I am in the same situation but slightly different, I have already landed but my child is still in my home country and her copr is going to expire on Aug 28 2020.
I am also very confused about how this is gonna carry out.
The content that I pasted above is from the official website and was updated on Jul 29. From my own understanding, you have to wait until you're ready to travel, then you contact IRCC via web form to explain that you're ready, then wait for the instructions...

Please let me know how's going on your side and keep us updated. Thanks
-Aaron

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you will only be given an extension when you are ready to travel and most offices are asking to provide proof of booked tickets.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Roughly how long does the next set of instructions take to come in after buying the ticket? The tickets are limited and I don't want to be stuck without a valid visa. So say, if and when the tickets are available, I should get the latest possible right?

Any idea about the other documents required to present? I have been reading all sort of things-
1. You need to have a job/ lease agreement to land in Canada.
2. You need to resign from your job in home country and provide that as a proof that you're going for good.
3. You might be asked to get new Medicals and Police verification done.

How true is all of that?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan (for example, plane tickets) or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Hi. I am in the same situation but slightly different, I have already landed but my child is still in my home country and her copr is going to expire on Aug 28 2020.
I am also very confused about how this is gonna carry out.
The content that I pasted above is from the official website and was updated on Jul 29. From my own understanding, you have to wait until you're ready to travel, then you contact IRCC via web form to explain that you're ready, then wait for the instructions...

Please let me know how's going on your side and keep us updated. Thanks
-Aaron
Yes I got this too. I raised a web form last week and I got the same thing.
I did mention that I am ready to travel as soon as the next tickets come available.
I don't know what country you guys are flying from, but I am here in India and all the commercial flights have been stopped since March 2020. Only the evacuation flights are available, which is also operating limited number of days in a month at double-triple the usual price. So as soon as the flights are available, they are all sold out.

How're y'all planning to get tickets in this case?

ayaron

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Yes I got this too. I raised a web form last week and I got the same thing.
I did mention that I am ready to travel as soon as the next tickets come available.
I don't know what country you guys are flying from, but I am here in India and all the commercial flights have been stopped since March 2020. Only the evacuation flights are available, which is also operating limited number of days in a month at double-triple the usual price. So as soon as the flights are available, they are all sold out.

How're y'all planning to get tickets in this case?
hey thanks for your reply. Yeah the flight tickets cost much higher and it's incredibly hard to book, I think that's nearly the same situation for most countries.
How is your Copr? is it expired already?
Also if I manage to book a flight that is going to leave very soon(say it's leaving in a week) so I don't have enough time to wait for the IRCC's instructions, what would I do? Do I just take the flight anyway and explain to the border officer when I land in Canada, or cancel it and wait for another flight that has a longer waiting time..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey thanks for your reply. Yeah the flight tickets cost much higher and it's incredibly hard to book, I think that's nearly the same situation for most countries.
How is your Copr? is it expired already?
Also if I manage to book a flight that is going to leave very soon(say it's leaving in a week) so I don't have enough time to wait for the IRCC's instructions, what would I do? Do I just take the flight anyway and explain to the border officer when I land in Canada, or cancel it and wait for another flight that has a longer waiting time..
Wouldn’t book something in a week. I would try for closer to the 30 days and I do hear that people are being given COPR extensions for flights over 30 days. CIC doesn’t want to issue multiple COPRs extensions. They only want to issue when people will actually travel.

Reactions: mnmtkr_18

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Roughly how long does the next set of instructions take to come in after buying the ticket? The tickets are limited and I don't want to be stuck without a valid visa. So say, if and when the tickets are available, I should get the latest possible right?

Any idea about the other documents required to present? I have been reading all sort of things-
1. You need to have a job/ lease agreement to land in Canada.
2. You need to resign from your job in home country and provide that as a proof that you're going for good.
3. You might be asked to get new Medicals and Police verification done.

How true is all of that?
Think CIC wants to see that you aren’t doing a soft landing because people are still doing them. You need proof that you will be travelling soon and that you are going to stay in Canada. Most will not have a job or lease on arrival.

Reactions: mnmtkr_18

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Cool.
I have a better idea now. Thank you so much.
I will wait for the commercial flights to start operating so that I don't make any hasty decisions.
Since CIC has given an (kind of) indefinite time to travel whenever we feel safe to do so, I think I might as well use this opportunity to take a well thought decision of travelling.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Hi
I have been able to secure a ticket for the end of Sept, so I have a definite travel date now.
What documents to attach in the webform? I have the following:
1. One way confirmed ticket
2. Resignation acceptance
3. Accommodation confirmation for a month (finalizing soon)

Do I need to present anything else?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have been able to secure a ticket for the end of Sept, so I have a definite travel date now.
What documents to attach in the webform? I have the following:
1. One way confirmed ticket
2. Resignation acceptance
3. Accommodation confirmation for a month (finalizing soon)

Do I need to present anything else?
Dependeing on your country of origin there are specific email addresses for COPR extensions.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
I'm from India.

Where can I find where to contact?
The embassies here are still shut, tried calling a few times.