+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CoPR issued after March 18th 2020 share your status here

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
Hi Colin have you heard back again after you confirmed your intent to immigrate to Canada?
We got the same mail yesterday and will need to do new medicals but they told us to what till they ask us to do them, so I'm very curious to see how long we need to wait before we hear back.

At least it's nice to hear something exactly a year after we last heard from them (I wonder if that's a coincidence or?)

Fingers crossed for all of us :)
We got the email yesterday as well! And the last time we heard from them was in February when our baby cleared medicals. So, I have a feeling quite a few of us got the email. Anyway, looks like there is some action happening. Fingers crossed!

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi all, so just under 6 weeks after the "are you still interested" email I was sent request for medical and request to fill out IMM 5669 form for my wife and me (basic info on address and work last 10 years, and your education and info on parents).
We managed to get medical done today and will send the form tomorrow and hoping we will hear something before the end of the year or early 2022 :)

Reactions: Wotsit

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
Hi all, so just under 6 weeks after the "are you still interested" email I was sent request for medical and request to fill out IMM 5669 form for my wife and me (basic info on address and work last 10 years, and your education and info on parents).
We managed to get medical done today and will send the form tomorrow and hoping we will hear something before the end of the year or early 2022 :)
This is great news! Thanks for the update and wishing you good luck! We haven't heard back as yet but this sounds promising.

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi @ jogenmunk1983
I am glad to know that there is some movement in long pending cases. If you don't mind , could you please tell me that after medical, which form we need to send and how?

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019

KD241008

Dec 18, 2020
Hi All! :) We are Post March 18,2020 expired COPR holders awaiting further instructions from ircc. COPR and medical expired in Feb 2021. How do we know our VO? Any one from India who has been contacted or has received their remedical/passport requests? What should we do? Post March 18, 2020 holders should not even raise a webform.. how do we know we will be contacted for sure and that application won't be closed forever? is their a helpline number to call? we have been trying to reach but we are failing miserably. Its been soooo long this is awful and we are so devastated. Please help. We are running a little low on hope and support.

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
We just got a request for medicals for all of us including baby. It's good to see some movement finally! But I am surprised that they requested medicals for baby too since he just got his medicals this February. I thought medicals were usually valid for a year. Any idea why we might have got a medical request for the baby?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
We just got a request for medicals for all of us including baby. It's good to see some movement finally! But I am surprised that they requested medicals for baby too since he just got his medicals this February. I thought medicals were usually valid for a year. Any idea why we might have got a medical request for the baby?
Yes , medical is valid for a Year however there are many cases recently where they are asking for re-medical for expired COPR holders whose medical is still valid till Jan/Feb. All applicants & every family member should undergo medical test. 0-4 will have only measurement & consultation while 5-10 needs to take urine test as well. No blood test, X-ray for kids below 10. Don`t forget to update them, once done. Good luck.

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
Yes , medical is valid for a Year however there are many cases recently where they are asking for re-medical for expired COPR holders whose medical is still valid till Jan/Feb. All applicants & every family member should undergo medical test. 0-4 will have only measurement & consultation while 5-10 needs to take urine test as well. No blood test, X-ray for kids below 10. Don`t forget to update them, once done. Good luck.
Thanks!

Here is another update: After the request for medicals, we have now received a new request for an FBI clearance certificate since we 'have resided in the US for 6 months or more'. The thing is, we relocated to India in July 2021 and have been living here since. We did intimate them about the change in address but got no response at the time. So I am wondering how to go about the FBI verification requirement? Should we email them once again and let them know that we are now living in India? Thoughts appreciated.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thanks!

Here is another update: After the request for medicals, we have now received a new request for an FBI clearance certificate since we 'have resided in the US for 6 months or more'. The thing is, we relocated to India in July 2021 and have been living here since. We did intimate them about the change in address but got no response at the time. So I am wondering how to go about the FBI verification requirement? Should we email them once again and let them know that we are now living in India? Thoughts appreciated.
It doesn’t matter where we are residing now. If we have lived in any country for 6 months or more then they can ask for the police certificate. If we can`t provide the certificate without proper explanation then there is high chances of processing delay or rejection of our application. Check the below site. Hope it helps you to obtain certificate.
FBI Clearance for Canada Immigration (Police Certificate) (temporaryresidentpermitcanada.com)
How to get a police certificate: United States - Canada.ca

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
It doesn’t matter where we are residing now. If we have lived in any country for 6 months or more then they can ask for the police certificate. If we can`t provide the certificate without proper explanation then there is high chances of processing delay or rejection of our application. Check the below site. Hope it helps you to obtain certificate.
FBI Clearance for Canada Immigration (Police Certificate) (temporaryresidentpermitcanada.com)
How to get a police certificate: United States - Canada.ca
I got my first application because I didnt have a Chinese police certificate ( i lived there 8 years ago) so I had to use a company that made it clear that they had done everything they could but that they could not obtrain the certificate for me, and then the canadian authorities accepted that. Its a pain but you gotta get it done. But great to hear that you have heard back after the medicals. We are waiting to hear back hope to get something in january.

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
We got our request for passports today! Just 16 days after our medicals were confirmed on the website.
As we are on holiday in Canada currently it seems they will be able to land us virtually, lets see if it really will be that easy :)
Will keep you all posted
Holiday miracle, hope you guys can manage to keep the faith, this has been a very trying period for all of us!

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
Hey folks, any advice on how to contact IRCC about change of address? We are 'post March 18-CoPR’. We moved from the US to India and messaged IRCC through their webform regarding the change of address, but got no response. When we got the 'Do you still want to immigrate?' email, in our reply also we informed them of the change of address, but got no acknowledgement. We recently received requests for re-medical and FBI verification. The FBI request has our US address. We tried using this link to change address, but the system can't find our application apparently.

On another note, we requested an extension for the medical exam since no appointments were available in the time frame. We messaged IRCC on the web form requesting an extension and have not received a response. I am getting very concerned.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
We got our request for passports today! Just 16 days after our medicals were confirmed on the website.
As we are on holiday in Canada currently it seems they will be able to land us virtually, lets see if it really will be that easy :)
Will keep you all posted
Holiday miracle, hope you guys can manage to keep the faith, this has been a very trying period for all of us!
Invitation today to land virtually since we are currently in Canada. Seems like end of the week we should have our PR !

Hope the rest of you guys are seeing progress as well, dont lose faith!

Reactions: huchan and gtcan19

Ani17

Jul 8, 2021
Will keep you all posted
Hi @jorgenmunk1983
I am in the same situation. I'm visiting my sister in Canada and I have received RFV. Its been 2 weeks I have raised webform to let them know that I am in Canada, but haven't heard back from them.
How did you go about informing them that you are in Canada?
Did you just raised webform or did anything else like sending emails?
Please let me know. It would be of great help.
Thank you.