+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired CoPR issued after March 18th 2020 share your status here

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi all,

So we received our CoPR on March 22nd and was therefore unable to travel to Canada during the early days of the pandemic.
To complicate matters our CoPR expired 3rd June (because of medical exam) and we had a baby girl on July 25th.

On July 26th I wrote the IRCC to tell them that my wife had born us a daughter. I heard back from them in October when they asked me to get a medical exam for my daughter.
Since then I have not heard anything, other than a confirmation late Feb 2021 that all my documents are in order...

Are other people in a similar situation? All posts welcome but im especially curious to hear:

- Did you get contacted to get a new CoPR issued? If yes, did you have to do a new medical and how long will the CoPR last?
- Did contacting the IRCC to push for your case help in any way?
- Was anyone contacted and asked if they were ready to move at short notice? If yes, how short notice?
- Were you asked about Covid vaccination? We are scheduled to have ours in June here in Denmark, I dont know if that could impact our case or not, I imagine we would be last in line in Canada for a vaccine.

I hope you are all doing well and doing the best with these difficult circumstances, lets hope for the world that Covid beats a hasty retreat and that we can still move ahead with the next steps in our lives.

Reactions: Moizh

huchan

Feb 14, 2021
Hi all,

So we received our CoPR on March 22nd and was therefore unable to travel to Canada during the early days of the pandemic.
To complicate matters our CoPR expired 3rd June (because of medical exam) and we had a baby girl on July 25th.

On July 26th I wrote the IRCC to tell them that my wife had born us a daughter. I heard back from them in October when they asked me to get a medical exam for my daughter.
Since then I have not heard anything, other than a confirmation late Feb 2021 that all my documents are in order...

Are other people in a similar situation? All posts welcome but im especially curious to hear:

- Did you get contacted to get a new CoPR issued? If yes, did you have to do a new medical and how long will the CoPR last?
- Was anyone contacted and asked if they were ready to move at short notice? If yes, how short notice?
- Were you asked about Covid vaccination? We are scheduled to have ours in June here in Denmark, I dont know if that could impact our case or not, I imagine we would be last in line in Canada for a vaccine.

I hope you are all doing well and doing the best with these difficult circumstances, lets hope for the world that Covid beats a hasty retreat and that we can still move ahead with the next steps in our lives.
Hi - We are in a similar situation. CoPR issued in June 2020 and expired in Sep 2020. Had baby in Nov 2020. We contacted IRCC and they responded promptly asking for baby's documents (birth certificate and passport). In Feb 2021, they asked for baby's medicals and that was processed in Feb itself. After that the Application status is "Reviewing eligibility criteria'. There has been no movement on the application since then. We raised a webform letting them know that we are ready to travel in March 2021 and got a generic response that IRCC has received all our requested documents and is processing our application.

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi - We are in a similar situation. CoPR issued in June 2020 and expired in Sep 2020. Had baby in Nov 2020. We contacted IRCC and they responded promptly asking for baby's documents (birth certificate and passport). In Feb 2021, they asked for baby's medicals and that was processed in Feb itself. After that the Application status is "Reviewing eligibility criteria'. There has been no movement on the application since then. We raised a webform letting them know that we are ready to travel in March 2021 and got a generic response that IRCC has received all our requested documents and is processing our application.
Hi Huchan, sorry to hear that you are in the same situation, it is extremely frustrating!
I will be sure to update here if we hear anything, and I would be very grateful if you did the same.

fingers crossed :)

Anton T

Apr 30, 2021
Same situation here, We got our COPR on March 20th 2020. We had visas ready but could not allowed to travel. All documents expired on march 20th 2021. Right after documents expired ircc send us a new request for submitting new medical examination. Uploaded April 14th 2021 the new medical reports. We also ordered new police certificate just in case they ask for new ones. So now just have to wait for travel restrictions to be lifted. They probably have to reissue us a new COPR and then we can go to get new entry visas. I guess thinks will get better around summer. So hopfully we can reach Canadian soil around August September. Good luck guys!

Reactions: jorgenmunk1983

Moizh

May 3, 2019
Hi all,

Hi,
We are in the same situation as you’re. We have received our COPR and visa in January 2020, and we planned to land in Canada in May 2020. After March 2020 we couldn’t travel and our COPR had expired in June 2020. In August 2020 we got our first baby.

As you did we contacted IRCC and we did the medical examination for our newborn baby. As we have received our COPR pre-March I thought we’re eligible to travel, but I have received an email from my visa office (Rome) that since my application was reopened to add a new baby after March 2020 then it will be considered post March and I will have to wait till the current restrictions are lifted.

Me and my wife had to redo the medical examinations since they were expired in June 2020 and March 2021.
Please share any updates you receive from IRCC or your visa office, and I will do the same.

Good luck all!

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi,
We are in the same situation as you’re. We have received our COPR and visa in January 2020, and we planned to land in Canada in May 2020. After March 2020 we couldn’t travel and our COPR had expired in June 2020. In August 2020 we got our first baby.

As you did we contacted IRCC and we did the medical examination for our newborn baby. As we have received our COPR pre-March I thought we’re eligible to travel, but I have received an email from my visa office (Rome) that since my application was reopened to add a new baby after March 2020 then it will be considered post March and I will have to wait till the current restrictions are lifted.

Me and my wife had to redo the medical examinations since they were expired in June 2020 and March 2021.
Please share any updates you receive from IRCC or your visa office, and I will do the same.

Good luck all!
Yes I imagined the same. That even though the change is minimal by adding our child the clock is reset.
The ircc website says they are handling August 2020 applications so since the approved our medical Oct 2020 hopefully we would hear something in a few months.
We haven't been asked to redo our medical even though they are expired, interesting that they asked you and not us, I will write them then we can get it out of way if needed.

If I hear anything I will make sure to post it hear :)

Reactions: Moizh

Moizh

May 3, 2019
Hi,

any updates from your side? I am thinking of contacting my VO even though IRCC has made it very clear not to contact them nor the VOs. But I think our situation is really complicated.
Let me know if anything happened with your applications.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
My COPR expired in May and so far I haven't received any email regarding how to get my documents reissued.

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
No news yet unfortunately. Yes it's been very bad communication from the authorities side so fully undersrsnd that you want to rwXv out

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi, I got my COPR in Dec 2020 and it was expired on 3rd Jun 2021. I tried by sending an email to VO office that issued my COPR to ask for instructions to get it renewed. They replied my email and said that my application is not processed by their office. So I guess only God knows when the "still interested in immigrating" comes to our mailbox.