+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR-awaiting reply

Parvathyv

Jul 25, 2020
Myself and my wife were unable to travel Canada before our COPR being expired in April 2020 due to lockdown in India and Canada.
I had updated IRCC accordingly and now since i am able to secure tickets ,I updated IRCC on the same.Now they have responded my application which is now reflecting .We are now waiting for further instructions it’s been over 35 days now since the application status has changed to in progress.Is there anyone on the same or similar scenario?Has anyone been able to secure an extension n their expired COPR.

Ruaa

Dec 15, 2018
Same here my visa expired in may 2020
I have sent to IRCC before the expiry and all received is the general reply .
also I sent them couple days ago that I am able to travel and also they sent the general reply . Please can you share their reply

Parvathyv

Jul 25, 2020
Same here my visa expired in may 2020
I have sent to IRCC before the expiry and all received is the general reply .
also I sent them couple days ago that I am able to travel and also they sent the general reply . Please can you share their reply

please find the reply kindly share the revert you received as well.also if you could share which is your VO.

We have received your enquiry regarding your ability to travel to Canada as a permanent resident.

Please note that your expired documents are no longer valid for travel to Canada. Your application will not be closed or refused as a result of not being able to travel within the validity of these documents due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.

Your application has been reopened and updated with notification of your current ability to travel. Your application will be put into a queue to determine whether any new assessments, including a new immigration medical examination is required before we can re-issue a confirmation of permanent residence document (COPR) and visa.

While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 will have an impact on processing times and we are therefore not able to provide a timeframe for the completion of any assessments at this time. Due to ongoing restrictions in the United Kingdom relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC London is operating at significantly reduced capacity and many visa application centres (VACs) have been temporarily closed. We will endeavor to review your application as soon as possible.

Please consult IRCC’s web page on how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and Canada’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak site for the most up to date information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

Ruaa

Dec 15, 2018
Paris visa office ,

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your recent message.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in France, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office in Paris operates with a reduced staff complement and provides only essential services. Please note that disruptions and significant delays are expected.

If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

As announced on March 20, 2020, only foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence BEFORE the travel restrictions announced on March 18, 2020, are able to travel to Canada. The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place as of March 26, 2020.

Therefore you cannot travel to Canada until further notice.

You will be contacted as soon as your action is required.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Parvathyv

Jul 25, 2020
Paris visa office ,

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your recent message.

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in France, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office in Paris operates with a reduced staff complement and provides only essential services. Please note that disruptions and significant delays are expected.

If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

As announced on March 20, 2020, only foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence BEFORE the travel restrictions announced on March 18, 2020, are able to travel to Canada. The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place as of March 26, 2020.

Therefore you cannot travel to Canada until further notice.

You will be contacted as soon as your action is required.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
it’s been 35 days since we got the email that I shared.now we are blank and awaiting revert from IRCC

Ruaa

Dec 15, 2018
Can you please also tell you you have updated IRCC by webform or direct email ?

simwas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
What about you?
hi dear..i am from india n my copr expiree on 14 may..i have raised ready to travel webform.but only received a general response..i have my ticket booked for 21 aug in like 1 day..waiting impatiently..do u have any idea how long they are taking to respond

uscan1981

Jul 29, 2017
Hi ,
I have a question regarding expiring passport of my daughter in May next year . Her pr application was already approved before 18th March 2020 with my wife as a principal applicant ...
What if I renew her passport right now as she has not yet travelled to Canada becoz her current visa and COPR has expired .....will it make any difference ..
What steps do I need to take to inform IRCC about the new passport for her as COPR and visa are issued basis the valid passport ...The reason of renewing the passport now is becoz of the rule that any visa can only be issued on the passport with the validity of 6 months left...
.In the situation if I decide to bring them over next year.... as I am yet to submit a web form to confirm travel of my family to IRCC
Can anyone of please throw some light on this situation ...
Thanks

Amanda2019

Nov 26, 2020
@Parvathyv Hi! Any updates? I am in a similar situation as you and have been waiting for a response from IRCC. I have already submitted a webform and a consecutive request for my detailed quarantine plan in Canada. But they are yet to respond to me in this. Tot I’d check if you had any progress?

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020
When does your GCKEY show an update? I haven't seen any update after re-medicals were passed on 26 Oct 2020. Received PPR on 07 Nov 2020. Today, the decision envelope for my application was dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI.

Amanda2019

Nov 26, 2020
When does your GCKEY show an update? I haven't seen any update after re-medicals were passed on 26 Oct 2020. Received PPR on 07 Nov 2020. Today, the decision envelope for my application was dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI.
Can you please share your timeline on the various mails/information request you received from IRCC? Would be really helpful!