+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts please help...SOWP with child

d_chahal

May 7, 2016
Hi

I would like to know the information regarding SOPW. Currently my husband is in India & i am in canada on 2yr student visa. But i have a kid too and would like to bring her also here. She is 6 years old, under which visa she can apply?
Do i have to submit his application under VISITORS Visa or student Visa? If student visa, does she need an acceptance letter from school & is school education free or will we need to pay?
I work in a pizza place & i believe my code is NOC D (6711)...can he still apply for OWP?

Any other information which i need to consider or aware, Please let me know. Thanks

Regards,

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi i am not an expert, but based from what I've been reading here, only spouses/common law partners of a skilled worker with NOC 0, A or B can apply for SOWP. And with regards with the child, if the age is less than 5, visit visa... if 5-18, student visa. hope this helps.

d_chahal

May 7, 2016
Thanks for responding.
For student visa, does she need an acceptance letter from school & is school education free or will we need to pay? We need to shows funds?

Akad

May 22, 2022
Applying for SOWP, have question about depending children:
  1. What should I select visa type for dependent children, Visitor or study (ages b/w 5y-10y)? If I select study then what will I upload in the LOA requirement tabs?
  2. What should I select visa type for infant (less than 1y old)?