+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts opinion please: London Stopover, Transit visa is required ?

A3student

Oct 4, 2017
Hello,
I have an AirCanada flight.. Where stopover in London (Heathrow) is almost 7.5 hours before next flight to Toronto YYZ airport also on an AirCanada flight.

My question is that can I leave the airport for a small tour and get back without a Transit visa ? I need your experiences with this please.

regards

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have an AirCanada flight.. Where stopover in London (Heathrow) is almost 7.5 hours before next flight to Toronto YYZ airport also on an AirCanada flight.

My question is that can I leave the airport for a small tour and get back without a Transit visa ? I need your experiences with this please.

regards
You need a transit visa to leave the airport, however, i do not see it logical to leave airport even if somehow they allow as your connecting flight is in 7.5 hours. Heathrow is quite a big airport and takes a lot of time to even walk from one terminal to another plus the boarding security etc will also take time.

If you still decide to try for a transit visa, you need to show your connecting flight ticket to IO. (not recommended though for such short stay unless your lungs are seeking nicotine and you need to go out for a puff or two).