+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert Opinion on TRV

arcanerk

May 6, 2017
Dear Bryanna

Can you please help me.

Question 1: Can you please tell I applied on 11th May from Lahore, Pakistan. I am not able to link my paper based application to my online account. 1 month passed. I have created an account and tried to link my application under category of Temporary Resident Visa. I have tried couple of times but it says: Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.
I have double checked my information but it shows the same error. Does it mean that my application is not updated in their system OR I am doing some mistake somewhere.

Question 2:
People on this forum talk about IRCC email confirmation after submitting application. What is email confirmation from IRCC ? Does it mean that they have received your application ? Actually I have not received any email from IRCC in my email account. I am a bit worried whether they have recieved my application yet ?

Thank you for your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. You must make sure that you're entering all details exactly as per your application, your name as per your passport, no blank spaces before/after in any field, etc.

2. You won't get a confirmation email from IRCC when you submit a paper application. Did you get an email from VFS that said your application has forwarded to the visa office? That's the email you should have received

Cheers

Sazm

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Hello BRYANNA and others..
I am international student in canada.
Applied 3rd time spouse Trv and kids study permit . (6,8 yr). On 20 april from Pakistan.

Refused as message attached on 15 may on linking online
But final decision still in progress till today online since then.
Don't receive passports back. still in embassy abu Dhabi
What to do .and whats going on
Plz advise
Thanks

arcanerk

May 6, 2017
Hi,

1. You must make sure that you're entering all details exactly as per your application, your name as per your passport, no blank spaces before/after in any field, etc.

2. You won't get a confirmation email from IRCC when you submit a paper application. Did you get an email from VFS that said your application has forwarded to the visa office? That's the email you should have received

Cheers
Dear Brayanna,

I highly appreciate your effort that is put on us in answering our queries.

Yes I submitted Paper based application and right after 1 day of my submission, I received an email from VFS mentioning that my application was forwarded to Visa office.

However, I am entering correct details in linking my application but still getting the same response. Do you have an idea of how much time do Abu-Dhabi visa office take to enter any application in their system. My application was forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 11th May 2017.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
However, I am entering correct details in linking my application but still getting the same response. Do you have an idea of how much time do Abu-Dhabi visa office take to enter any application in their system. My application was forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 11th May 2017.
Do ensure you're entering all details exactly as per the application form, there must be no blank spaces before/after the detail in a field, name entered should match the passport.

You can also try to link by leaving the 'Place of birth' field as blank.

It could take up to a couple of days for a paper application to be recorded on the database (if the application is complete)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello BRYANNA and others..
I am international student in canada.
Applied 3rd time spouse Trv and kids study permit . (6,8 yr). On 20 april from Pakistan.

Refused as message attached on 15 may on linking online
But final decision still in progress till today online since then.
Don't receive passports back. still in embassy abu Dhabi
What to do .and whats going on
Plz advise
Thanks
Hi,

Updates on the IRCC website currently may possibly be incorrect.

That said, if your wife and children have been refused three times, I suggest you order GCMS notes + do not reapply until you address the refusal reasons.

It's difficult to advise without knowing the complete facts about their situation

Cheers

arcanerk

May 6, 2017
Dear Bryanna,

I have tried linking my account multiple times. No success :(

I am doing in by my First/Last Name. I don't have my application number. Where can I get it. I may try doing it by my Application number.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna,

I have tried linking my account multiple times. No success :(

I am doing in by my First/Last Name. I don't have my application number. Where can I get it. I may try doing it by my Application number.

Thanks.
You wouldn't know/have an application number because it's not been given to you as yet.

I suggest you wait for a few days for the technical glitches in IRCC's online system to get sorted

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
No, each paper application will be linked separately
Dear Bryanna,
Hope you are doing well
I applied paper based application and given finger prints on the same day now when I am checking online it says that we do not require your finger prints at this time, is that normal
Secondly they are performing my background check normally what's the time required to do these checks
Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna,
Hope you are doing well
I applied paper based application and given finger prints on the same day now when I am checking online it says that we do not require your finger prints at this time, is that normal
Secondly they are performing my background check normally what's the time required to do these checks
Regards
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks. Hope you're well too.

The status update for your fingerprints is normal as the visa office has received your biometrics.

Background checks could take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months depending on your specifics

Cheers

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks. Hope you're well too.

The status update for your fingerprints is normal as the visa office has received your biometrics.

Background checks could take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months depending on your specifics

Cheers
Dear Bryanna
Hope you are doing well
Sorry to disturb you again
My review of eligibility changed yesterday after around a month and 10 days of time
Now it shows "we are reviewing weather you meet the eligibility requirements"
Background checks is still under process
Have any idea how much more time they need approximately
Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna
Hope you are doing well
Sorry to disturb you again
My review of eligibility changed yesterday after around a month and 10 days of time
Now it shows "we are reviewing weather you meet the eligibility requirements"
Background checks is still under process
Have any idea how much more time they need approximately
Regards
You're not disturbing me :)

It's the background checks that are delaying a decision. You can expect a decision in a few days after the visa office gets an all clear report

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
You're not disturbing me :)
I
It's the background checks that are delaying a decision. You can expect a decision in a few days after the visa office gets an all clear report
Hi Bryanna,
Hope you are doing well

Finallay I got at email today from cic for passport submission after a month and 23 days but nothing in there in my account till now

Secondly I applied from dubai and at the moment I am in Pakistan on a leave so can I submit my passport in Pakistan if yes please advise the process

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
Hope you are doing well

Finallay I got at email today from cic for passport submission after a month and 23 days but nothing in there in my account till now

Secondly I applied from dubai and at the moment I am in Pakistan on a leave so can I submit my passport in Pakistan if yes please advise the process

Regards
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks.

I'm happy to see a positive decision for a Pakistan applicant after a number of other applicants were refused. That's great :)

You must email the Abu Dhabi + Islamabad visa offices to reconfirm that you can submit your passport to the Pakistan VAC. If you don't get the passport request letter in your MyCIC account, you can print off the email which you received from the visa office. This has worked for some other applicants

Do keep us posted about your visa validity