+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert Opinion on TRV

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Hi All,
I am a Pakistani national living in Dubai since 2011 and planning to travel to Canada and Australia in August, visa for Australia is already obtained and now planning to apply for Canada visa

In the last one year I have visited Georgia, France, Austria, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and Thailand

The only problem is that in 2011 my visa for Switzerland was rejected giving the reason that I will not leave the country on time, is that going to effect my visa for Canada, in 2017 I got Schengen visa twice.

Your expert opinion please

Regards
Najeeb

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The short answer: No, your previous visa refusal will not affect your Canada TRV.

However, you must disclose this refusal in the 'Background Information' section of the TRV application form + give details

Last edited:

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
The short answer: No, your previous visa refusal will not affect your Canada TRV.

However, you must disclose this refusal in the 'Background Information' section of the TRV application form + give details
Dear Bryanna
One more quick quiestion
I don't have that rejection letter with me now as it's rejected back in 2012 so I can mention that in details

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna
One more quick quiestion
I don't have that rejection letter with me now as it's rejected back in 2012 so I can mention that in details
Do ensure that the refusal reasons you state in your Canada TRV application must match those stated in the Switzerland rejection letter.... and not your understanding of the refusal reasons

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Do ensure that the refusal reasons you state in your Canada TRV application must match those stated in the Switzerland rejection letter.... and not your understanding of the refusal reasons
I remember they ticked only one reason on the refusal paper and it was the last one that I will not leave their treitory on time

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Should I apply through online or should I use VFS in Dubai which one is better

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Should I apply through online or should I use VFS in Dubai which one is better
It's your personal preference.

Do provide all evidence of your strong ties to both Pakistan and Dubai (including your immigration status in the UAE) + travel history document + financials + purpose of visit.

If possible, your travel plans must be to visit Australia after you visit Canada. That means include the scanned Australia visa + any tickets/hotel bookings for your Australia visit

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
It's your personal preference.

Do provide all evidence of your strong ties to both Pakistan and Dubai (including your immigration status in the UAE) + travel history document + financials + purpose of visit.

If possible, your travel plans must be to visit Australia after you visit Canada. That means include the scanned Australia visa + any tickets/hotel bookings for your Australia visit
Dear Bryanna,

Thank you for your expert advise

Actually I am planning to visit Canada after Australia I make a booking in which I am traveling from Dubai to Sydney then Sydney to Vancouver and in the end toranto to Dubai
Should I change the booking??
I am applying along with my wife who is also working in Dubai in a government organization and her LOS is 4 years I will submit my 6 months bank statement with an average balance of above 50000$ also a scanned copy of my and my wife bank account in Pakistan with a balance of more than 30000$ in each account plus my credit card bills for a couple of cards as each card has a limit of more than 10000$, purpose of our visit is purely tourism, last 5 years travel history I will attach which include 2 visits to schengen, South Africa, Georgia, Russia, Sri Lanka, 5 times to Thailand, twice to Malaysia 3 times to Saudi Arabia,Oman, all these visits not more than a week, and around 20 visits to my home country since I am living in Dubai
Better I will change my travel plan to Canada first then Australia as advised by you

Hope this all is enough

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For your/your wife's employment:
Your work contract + leave approval letter stating you/she will have your jobs when you return + 3-4 months pay slips + 6 months bank statements

Immigration status: UAE residence permit

UAE ties: Lease agreement + 1-2 utility bills

Financials: Investments in the UAE + Pakistan + tax returns (for Pakistan) + credit card statements (if the outstanding is low). If there are any large, last-minute transfers between bank accounts then highlight in both bank statements and explain them

Other ties:
Property or land ownership in the UAE/Pakistan + valuation (either self or by a CA) + excerpts of market realty reports to back the indicative market rates + property tax receipts + dependent family members (if you pay for their rent/transfer money to their accounts, etc)

Travel History explanation: In a tabular format, give visa details for each country + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan visas for Schengen, Australia

Do prepare a detailed day-by day itinerary like a typical tourist for sightseeing, activities, etc with expense estimates (hotel, local travel, food, entry fees, etc) + prove you and your wife can afford this itinerary and airfare

I suggest you change your travel plans to visit Canada first and then Australia in August (and clearly mention this in your cover letter + scan the Australia visa + include any hotel/flight bookings for Australia). Do not buy plane tickets for Canada until you get your TRVs

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Your work contract + leave approval letter stating you/she will have your jobs when you return + 3-4 months pay slips + 6 months bank statements

Financials: Investments in the UAE + Pakistan + tax returns (for Pakistan) + credit card statements (if the outstanding is low). If there are any large, last-minute transfers between bank accounts then highlight in both bank statements and explain them

Other ties:
Property or land ownership in the UAE/Pakistan + valuation (either self or by a CA) + excerpts of market realty reports to back the indicative market rates + property tax receipts + dependent family members (if you pay for their rent/transfer money to their accounts, etc)

Travel History explanation: In a tabular format, give visa details for each country + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan visas for Schengen, Australia

Do prepare a detailed day-by day itinerary like a typical tourist for sightseeing, activities, etc with expense estimates (hotel, local travel, food, entry fees, etc) + prove you and your wife can afford this itinerary and airfare

I suggest you change your travel plans to visit Canada first and then Australia in August (and clearly mention this in your cover letter + scan the Australia visa + include any hotel/flight bookings for Australia). Do not buy plane tickets for Canada until you get your TRVs
Thank you so much for your expert advice
Really appreciate

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai

Other ties:

Dear Bryanna,
One more help required in filling the form in the reason of rejection I mentioned that " Swiss tourist visa rejected in 2012 reason given was I will not leave the Terittory on time, after that I applied schengen visa twice and got it, visited schengen states and left with in time "
Is that a decent explanation

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna,
One more help required in filling the form in the reason of rejection I mentioned that " Swiss tourist visa rejected in 2012 reason given was I will not leave the Terittory on time, after that I applied schengen visa twice and got it, visited schengen states and left with in time "
Is that a decent explanation
Previous visa refusal: Swiss tourist visa in Month 2012
Refusal reason: 'Your intention to leave the territory of Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained'

Subsequently, I applied for Schengen visas twice and I was approved in Month Year and Month Year. I traveled to Country A, Country B, etc for XX and XX days on each visit

Najeeburrehman

Jun 3, 2017
Dubai
Refusal reason: 'Your intention to leave the territory of Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained'

Subsequently, I applied for Schengen visas twice and I was approved in Month Year and Month Year. I traveled to Country A, Country B, etc for XX and XX days on each visit

Dear Bryanna
I applied already on 7th along with all documents also got the confirmation email today, just one Question as I applied paper application in VFS Dubai for me and my wife can I link both applications in one CIC account to check the updates
Regards