+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experiences with NON-accompanying dependents - Ex refuses medical exams

nvqjn

Mar 18, 2014
Leon said:
You should discuss this with your lawyer as you already have one.

If the children are removed from the application, the can never be sponsored though.
Hello, Leon. Thanks for the tip about hiring a lawyer to talk to my husband's previous partner. However, I believe removing the kids from the application is never in our option since it will mean falsification on our part and once proven, our application will automatically declined, correct?

We really are open to the fact that kids can come here once they finally decide on their own. That is why I'm asking what can possibly be the supporting docs we can show CIC that proves we did our best but the woman declined still. I'm worried that we might not get the kids for medical.

Please help me out, guys. I know you have similar cases, please enlighten me.

Thank you so much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nvqjn said:
Hello, Leon. Thanks for the tip about hiring a lawyer to talk to my husband's previous partner. However, I believe removing the kids from the application is never in our option since it will mean falsification on our part and once proven, our application will automatically declined, correct?

We really are open to the fact that kids can come here once they finally decide on their own. That is why I'm asking what can possibly be the supporting docs we can show CIC that proves we did our best but the woman declined still. I'm worried that we might not get the kids for medical.

Please help me out, guys. I know you have similar cases, please enlighten me.

Thank you so much.
I think you misunderstood. I am not saying that you should leave the kids names off the application. That would be misrepresentation and immigration takes that very seriously.

What I am saying is when you have dependents like children, you must include them on your application and all dependents must have medicals done in order to keep the option open to sponsor them later.

If you are unable to get medicals for the kids, the only option would be that you prove to immigration that you can't get the medicals, that the ex has full custody and refuses, and they will agree to remove the kids from your application. This does however mean that they can never be sponsored.

Shereleen

Sep 14, 2019
Hi,I have same case also on my own..I need an advice please..:I want to apply my residency..I have a son 9 years old living with his father since born...we are not married but I let him take care of my son since we were in good term before I left my country..Now,I needed his cooperation to provide the documents I have to include for my application but he refused.He even treated me that I never get my son at all.he removed my rights to my son..for almost 9 years I’ve been begging him to show my son to me everytime..Now,my son don’t want to come with me now as his condition is to take with him his father which impossible..what should I do to get his cooperation and let my son be with me ..or if there is another way for me to get residency even not including my son for now..what are the documents nee

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hi,I have same case also on my own..I need an advice please..:I want to apply my residency..I have a son 9 years old living with his father since born...we are not married but I let him take care of my son since we were in good term before I left my country..Now,I needed his cooperation to provide the documents I have to include for my application but he refused.He even treated me that I never get my son at all.he removed my rights to my son..for almost 9 years I’ve been begging him to show my son to me everytime..Now,my son don’t want to come with me now as his condition is to take with him his father which impossible..what should I do to get his cooperation and let my son be with me ..or if there is another way for me to get residency even not including my son for now..what are the documents nee
Well, the first question would be : Who has legal rights to the child? Sounds like the father. But even if it were you, do you really want to drag your son with you when he does not want to go. Your best bet is to list him on imm0008 IN section B , but DONT list him on other forms as he is NOT your dependent. By doing this, you should be able to submit your application and get PR. You can then, in the future, if your son changes his mind, sponsor him. If you leave him OFF imm0008 you will NOT be able to bring him to Canada in the future.. even WAY in the future.

Shereleen

Sep 14, 2019
Well, the first question would be : Who has legal rights to the child? Sounds like the father. But even if it were you, do you really want to drag your son with you when he does not want to go. Your best bet is to list him on imm0008 IN section B , but DONT list him on other forms as he is NOT your dependent. By doing this, you should be able to submit your application and get PR. You can then, in the future, if your son changes his mind, sponsor him. If you leave him OFF imm0008 you will NOT be able to bring him to Canada in the future.. even WAY in the future.
Aside from doing that,is there other documents needed,like proof that the father don’t want to cooperate and i

Shereleen

Sep 14, 2019
Thank you for the reply...aside from the forms,do I need proof ,like documents proving that the father don’t want to cooperate..any affidavit or letter explanation

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
I have the full physiacal and legal custody of
My child can my ex immigrate to canada without inforimg me
Not legally. They have to provide a sign affidavit (you are required to sign) that you acknowledge that child is leaving the country permanently. In fact, you she should have difficulty even boarding a plane for vacation as a single parent...its always advisable to have a notarized letter from the other parent when travelling , as parent abduction is a real issue..