+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experiences / tips on applying for PRTD by email during COVID?

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hi @kathysrazor
You mean you sent your document via email to IRCC (email: IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca )? Upon approval from IRCC, you sent your passport to VAC of LA (along with Fedex labels, consent form, etc.)? This is my understanding of the process during Covid times.
I’ve had to do it twice now during COVID (as my passport was stolen midway).

The first time, I sent it to LA right before the email shutdown. The second time, I emailed it to that address, and they forwarded it to LA, who did the same process.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
The “by mail” part was mailing out my passport with the two courier labels I had printed out and used to mail it.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for reply @kathysrazor.

How much time did IRCC take to approve your 'email PRTD' application before you were able to send out your passport to VAC, LA?
It depends on how you want to count it.

AOR/Application: 21 Oct 2020
Additional Information Required: 29 Oct 2020 (wanted full passport scan + solemn declaration for stolen PRTD)
Information Provided: 31 Oct 2020
Passport Request: 3 November 2020

There was a slight hiccup with the VAC (they didn’t respond to my email initially), so I called after around 4 days to make sure they would send me the courier slips. It went out on a Friday, and I got the passport back Tuesday or Wednesday.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Does any one have any information on this from VAC in India(Delhi) point of view. I applied for PRTD mid October through email. I only got an automated response but nothing after. Still waiting.

Any idea on how I can reach out to them?

Last edited:

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
It depends on how you want to count it.

AOR/Application: 21 Oct 2020
Additional Information Required: 29 Oct 2020 (wanted full passport scan + solemn declaration for stolen PRTD)
Information Provided: 31 Oct 2020
Passport Request: 3 November 2020

There was a slight hiccup with the VAC (they didn’t respond to my email initially), so I called after around 4 days to make sure they would send me the courier slips. It went out on a Friday, and I got the passport back Tuesday or Wednesday.
Thanks for your reply again. I have already spoken with VFS Global and made payments to them, hence I have the FedEx labels, consent form with me already. Hence, I just have to wait for IRCC to reply back. Hopefully, I'll hear from them sometime soon.

nups1991

Sep 14, 2018
Does any one have any information on this from VAC in India(Delhi) point of view. I applied for PRTD mid October through email. I only got an automated response but nothing after. Still waiting.

Any idea on how I can reach out to them?
Hi, did you get any response?

ANWAR and

Aug 12, 2020
مرحبا أريد المساعدة في الهجرة إلى كندا أنا وزوجتي وأولادي وانا سوري كي إكمال دراست أولادي في كندا وهاد رقم الهاتف 00905312600942 وشكراً لكم

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hi, did you get any response?
Hey, I did, Here are the timelines :

Application: 14 Oct 2020
Sen another email to follow up: 22nd Dec 2020
Email from IRCC to confirm DOB and UCI : 23rd Dec 2020
Information Provided: 23rd Dec 2020
Passport Request letter sent by IRCC : 30th Dec 2020
Email sent to VFS for passport submission : 30th Dec 2020
I had a bit of a confusion on how to attach the Passport submission letter in the email which got sorted by 7th Jan 2021.
VFS Sent payment link for passport submission : 10th Jan 2021.

But I never followed up because I got my PR card delivered to my Canadian address by then. (IRCC had sent to incorrect address earlier which caused the whole delay). I got my PR card Fedex'd to Delhi and took a flight in on 23rd Jan 2021.

Since then the way to submit request for Passport submission has changed and instead of an email they use a web form. My wife is now awaiting her PRTD so will post her timelines too in the next post.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hey, I did, Here are the timelines :

Application: 14 Oct 2020
Sen another email to follow up: 22nd Dec 2020
Email from IRCC to confirm DOB and UCI : 23rd Dec 2020
Information Provided: 23rd Dec 2020
Passport Request letter sent by IRCC : 30th Dec 2020
Email sent to VFS for passport submission : 30th Dec 2020
I had a bit of a confusion on how to attach the Passport submission letter in the email which got sorted by 7th Jan 2021.
VFS Sent payment link for passport submission : 10th Jan 2021.

But I never followed up because I got my PR card delivered to my Canadian address by then. (IRCC had sent to incorrect address earlier which caused the whole delay). I got my PR card Fedex'd to Delhi and took a flight in on 23rd Jan 2021.

Since then the way to submit request for Passport submission has changed and instead of an email they use a web form. My wife is now awaiting her PRTD so will post her timelines too in the next post.
Timelines for my wife's PRTD :
Application: 30 Nov 2020
Sent another email to follow up: 6th Jan 2021
Email from IRCC to confirm DOB and UCI : 7th Jan 2021
Information Provided: 7th Jan 2021
Email from IRCC asking for copy of all pages of current passport and the passport at the time of becoming PR : 7th Jan 2021
Provided copy of passports : 8th Jan 2021
Sent another email asking for an update : 12th Jan and 23rd Feb 2021
Passport Request letter sent by IRCC : 24th Feb 2021
Email sent to VFS for passport submission : 24th Feb 2021
Response from VFS To fill online form and submit Passport submission request : 4th March 2021
Submitted form online : 4th March 2021

Waiting for a response from VFS wit payment link.

Hope it helps others

26mandeep

Jun 4, 2016
Email from IRCC asking for copy of all pages of current passport and the passport at the time of becoming PR : 7th Jan 2021
Response from VFS To fill online form and submit Passport submission request : 4th March 2021

Hope it helps others
Hello rahul, how did you paid the fees?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015

Hope it helps others
Adding updates :
Payment link recieved from VFS Delhi : 17th March 20201
Passport sent through two way courier service : 19th March 2021
Package received by VFS Delhi and then by IRCC Delhi : 22nd MAach 2021

Reactions: Fadros

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Adding updates :
Payment link recieved from VFS Delhi : 17th March 20201
Passport sent through two way courier service : 19th March 2021
Package received by VFS Delhi and then by IRCC Delhi : 22nd March 2021
We got the Passport back today. The PRTD was stamped with expiry on 14th January 2022 and with multiple entries.

Abhishek Dave

Jan 28, 2022
We got the Passport back today. The PRTD was stamped with expiry on 14th January 2022 and with multiple entries.

Congratulations Rahul .

Your timelines and postings are really helpful. I applied for my wife's PRTD in december 2021 and received the email from IRCC with subject passport request but it does not have any PDF's enclosed stating passport request letter. Did you or your wife get a separate email from IRCC with attachment for PPR letter or do I just convert the email to PDF and attach this to VFS for 2 way courier service web form?

I have enclosed the email that I received from IRCC.

This is in regard to the above referenced application, which you submitted via e-mail to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). To finalize your application, we require the following:

Passport(s)

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· All clients who receive a passport request letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) may contact VFS at PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com to confirm their 2-way courier service.

· For verification, please include a copy of this passport request letter when you submit your passport.

· Please note that Blue Dart courier services most pincode locations. However, if the courier cannot enter due to the current COVID containment zones, you will need to wait until the courier can enter. If Blue Dart does not operate in your pincode location, send an e-mail to VFS to find the nearest Blue Dart office. Once you drop off your passport/passport request letter, the courier will deliver it to the Delhi Visa Application Centre (VAC). We ask that you Do NOT mail your passport directly to the High Commission. Unsolicited passports will be returned without being processed.

· Important notice: To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions and pre-departure COVID‑19 testing requirements are now in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Please consult How COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services for the latest information before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada.

Due to increased number of COVID19 cases in India and local restrictions in some areas, there will be significant delays in passport submission and return services. Please do not book your travel to Canada until after you have received your passport with your visa.

We DO NOT require the following:

Biometrics

· You do not require biometrics for this application. This is a standard VAC question, but it does not apply to your situation.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE