+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experiences Getting Through the border with a valid WP

Nick8719

Sep 9, 2020
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience of getting through the border whilst the borders are closed with a valid WP. I am still waiting for my WP (ICT) to be approved however am expecting this in the next month or so. I will be travelling from Australia to Toronto most likely via UAE or Malaysia. Employer is in the food/beverage industry so could be considered essential service with work beginning once quarantine is complete.

Has anyone gotten through or been rejected? I'm trying to determine if making an attempt after receiving the WP is worth a try.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience of getting through the border whilst the borders are closed with a valid WP. I am still waiting for my WP (ICT) to be approved however am expecting this in the next month or so. I will be travelling from Australia to Toronto most likely via UAE or Malaysia. Employer is in the food/beverage industry so could be considered essential service with work beginning once quarantine is complete.

Has anyone gotten through or been rejected? I'm trying to determine if making an attempt after receiving the WP is worth a try.
Those with closed work permits are allowed to travel and enter Canada. I don't see why you would have an issue.

Nick8719

Sep 9, 2020
Thanks for the reply. The immigration company my employer is currently utilizing has advised potentially waiting until the border closure ceases so I was just after some recent experiences. I am confident I should be fine to make the attempt.