+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

experiences about actual study permit processing time in London visa office

firozmahmood

Apr 16, 2013
Hi, any one recently got study permit approved from London visa office?Could you please share your time line. I applied seven weeks but have not got any reply. Getting really worried about my admission, as my class is going to start from 3rd of September. And late acceptance date date is 11th of September.

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
firozmahmood said:
Hi, any one recently got study permit approved from London visa office?Could you please share your time line. I applied seven weeks but have not got any reply. Getting really worried about my admission, as my class is going to start from 3rd of September. And late acceptance date date is 11th of September.
Hey, have you got any response yet. I am also applying for study permit soon this week for jan intake. But i will be applying through VAC?
What do you think should I apply through VAC or London visa office? Thanks

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
I'm very confused by the processing times as well. On the website of the London visa office, at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/processing-traitement.aspx it says that all study permits take 8-10 weeks to process, regardless of the application being online or paper-based. However, I happened to stumble upon the page of the Paris visa office, where I found this sentence:

[url=http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/visas/processing-traitement.aspx]http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/visas/processing-traitement.aspx[/url] said:
Study permit :
Online Online or through the VAC: 10 working days (Note: Applications submitted online for students who do not require a visa in addition to the study permit will be processed as applications submitted inside Canada. For information on processing times, please see the CIC website.)
When you follow the link to the CIC website, it says that online study permit applications submitted from inside Canada only take 29 days to process. So if I understood correctly, study permits for people from visa exempt countries that are also processed in the Paris office take only 29 days, and it always takes 8-10 weeks if your application has to be processed in London, regardless if you're visa exempt or not? If this is true, it feels kind of unfair... I'm from a visa exempt country too! I want my application to be processed in 29 days! :D

Sahil Khan

Sep 15, 2013
Each country has its own processing times if it is online or paper regardless of TRV exempt.

Can you help me please i m confused, should i apply at London visa office or London VAC. Most student i see applied through visa office but i think they take longer than VAC.

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
Sahil Khan said:
Each country has its own processing times if it is online or paper regardless of TRV exempt.

Can you help me please i m confused, should i apply at London visa office or London VAC. Most student i see applied through visa office but i think they take longer than VAC.
Either the bolded part of your message is incorrect or the website of the Paris visa office is lying.

Sorry, I can't help you with your question. I'm just going to apply online.