+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience with MP Getting Involved

High park

Nov 16, 2016
Hi All

I reached out to my MP’s office to follow up on my citizenship application, which they agreed to.

Wondering if others here have had experience with different MPs who were able to help them by getting involved.

My application is still under the 12 months but it has been since January without much update at all.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi All

I reached out to my MP’s office to follow up on my citizenship application, which they agreed to.

Wondering if others here have had experience with different MPs who were able to help them by getting involved.

My application is still under the 12 months but it has been since January without much update at all.
I did
All they did was calling the IRCC to ask about the status of my case, and the outcome was the same as calling them yourself - same answer of “you are still within the 12 months time frame don’t worry and just wait “

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes they can help in some cases but sometimes it's not guaranteed.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi All

Hi there,

Local MPs usually get back to you in 48 hours, I used mine on two separate occasions, once on my PR and the second one on my Citizenship since I needed to apply for an urgent processing after couple of months. My PR follow up ended in some pretty good results but my Citizenship, not sure. They will email/mail you back stating that they have spoken to an agent at CIC and they have confirmed this and that. They might even forward you the email from CIC that they have received. They do not have the power to change anything or get involved, they just update you on your application.

This being said, in both cases that I had, I still don't know if they actually did something or they just followed up! Both of my cases were resolved pretty quickly, and unfortunately you wouldn't know if they ever had their foot in the door. There is no way to understand. They will take credit for the resolved problem, that's for sure, but you can never know if they did it or not. Regardless, my wildest guess is that with a quick follow up from their side, CIC gets a quick pinch; that somebody is watching. So that might expedite the process? Not sure!

All I can say is that you did the right thing. I 100% suggest to anyone stuck at any stage to follow up with their MPs.

All the best mate,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that there was a large volume of application after the rule change and you are still under the 12 months
I would anticipate they will just tell you to keep waiting.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Given that there was a large volume of application after the rule change and you are still under the 12 months
I would anticipate they will just tell you to keep waiting.
Exactly , unless it’s already 2019 and they really need the votes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Exactly , unless it’s already 2019 and they really need the votes
Not much they can do unless there is a big problem. They can only do so much at that point. If they get back to you in a reasonable amount of time they are acting like a good MP.