+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience split across two NOC codes.. is this a problem?

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
Hi All,

I am applying through FSW, and i have a question about NOC codes.
I have worked as a business analyst for about 2.7 years and later on moved to a role which has 25% business analysis and 100% of user experience responsibilities. But the problem here is, the designation is "Programmer Analyst" thought I do nothing related to programming. I have 1.5 years experience in this role.

So when i look at the noc codes, they are different for business analyst and programmer analyst. After reading through a lot of posts, i have understood that only the roles and responsibilities matter to CIC and not the designation.

On that account, if the responsibilites are split between 2 NOC codes, can we add both these?

In my case, Can I file this 1.5 years exp under both BA and UX codes as i also had 25% of BA's responsibilities?

Thank you in advance.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Hi angel100,

If I understand correctly, your current role is sort of a hybrid. I have the same thing and what I did to create my profile was to select the NOC for the designation that carries the biggest weight. In my case, the breakdown is roughly 90/10. Every organization is different. I am sure IRCC is aware of this. Our responsibility is to make them understand our situation as fast and clearly as possible.

Trying to divide them might give the impression that you have 2 part-time jobs and in that case you would have to keep in mind the amount of years of FULL-TIME experience in ONE NOC. If you can combine this time with your previous job's, go ahead :)

Good luck!

Serge

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
SergeSD said:
Hi angel100,

If I understand correctly, your current role is sort of a hybrid. I have the same thing and what I did to create my profile was to select the NOC for the designation that carries the biggest weight. In my case, the breakdown is roughly 90/10. Every organization is different. I am sure IRCC is aware of this. Our responsibility is to make them understand our situation as fast and clearly as possible.

Trying to divide them might give the impression that you have 2 part-time jobs and in that case you would have to keep in mind the amount of years of FULL-TIME experience in ONE NOC. If you can combine this time with your previous job's, go ahead :)

Good luck!

Serge

Thanks Serge.

I will file under the BA NOC code as I would like to progress in the same role.