+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience requirement in NOC

Yunny

Mar 28, 2017
Hi all,

I'm going to use the NOC code 7302-Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews ,for application. It is a skill type B job and my job matches most of the main duties. However, in the employment requirement section it states that,

-Several years of experience in the occupation supervised is required.

I don't have the experience of being a construction worker because I was hired as a supervisor directly.
This is a common practice in my country .

Will CIC reject my skilled experience because of this?

Thank you so much for answering!

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Please anyone know the answer? thank you!
Logically a skilled-based job like this would normally require some education/training. If you didn't work as a construction worker before, I wonder what the other reasons were for the employer to hire you directly to a supervisory position. Did you go through formal technical training to operate the heavy equipment at least?

Yunny

Mar 28, 2017
Logically a skilled-based job like this would normally require some education/training. If you didn't work as a construction worker before, I wonder what the other reasons were for the employer to hire you directly to a supervisory position. Did you go through formal technical training to operate the heavy equipment at least?
Yes I have a related Bachelor degree and worked as a graduate engineer before getting the supervisor job.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Yes I have a related Bachelor degree and worked as a graduate engineer before getting the supervisor job.
Probably more experienced people should weight in, but I don't think you should worry too much about this. Just like not all factory managers are promoted from assembly line workers.
1. Your have a matching reference letter to the NOC duties. These duties do not specify that you need to work with machinery yourself
2. You have the education/graduate work history to support that you are qualified to take on a supervisor role in day one. These are 'experience' too in my opinion

Yunny

Mar 28, 2017
Probably more experienced people should weight in, but I don't think you should worry too much about this. Just like not all factory managers are promoted from assembly line workers.
1. Your have a matching reference letter to the NOC duties. These duties do not specify that you need to work with machinery yourself
2. You have the education/graduate work history to support that you are qualified to take on a supervisor role in day one. These are 'experience' too in my opinion
Then I will proceed with this NOC, Thank you so much!