+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience related

srinikrish

Star Member
Dec 23, 2017
Hello,
I was an employee of a IT Consulting firms in US. I was placed in the projects and have experience working for Multi National companies for 3 years which includes a 1 and half month bench time between the projects, but i was paid by my company for the bench time since i'm their full time employee.
I was paid salary for all the 3 years without any gap but i was on bench for a month and half where i prepared for the certification exam and got the certifications.

So, can i claim 3 years experience or how does it work?

Also, one of the consulting firms is shut down. But i have all the documentation from the company including the reference letters, Tax statements(W2), Pay stubs and the bank
statements. Also, the employer can respond to the phone calls or any form of enquiry.
Please advise If it is sufficient or does it affect in any way?
Or what additional documents do i need from that company?

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,
I was an employee of a IT Consulting firms in US. I was placed in the projects and have experience working for Multi National companies for 3 years which includes a 1 and half month bench time between the projects, but i was paid by my company for the bench time since i'm their full time employee.
I was paid salary for all the 3 years without any gap but i was on bench for a month and half where i prepared for the certification exam and got the certifications.

So, can i claim 3 years experience or how does it work?

Also, one of the consulting firms is shut down. But i have all the documentation from the company including the reference letters, Tax statements(W2), Pay stubs and the bank
statements. Also, the employer can respond to the phone calls or any form of enquiry.
Please advise If it is sufficient or does it affect in any way?
Or what additional documents do i need from that company?

Thanks
Yes you can claim three years. You will need a reference letter from your company which has your job duties listed. Your job duties need to be in line with the NOC code you choose to show your experience in. The details in experience letter should include your dates of employment, job duties, job title, number of hours, and salary information. For more details refer to cic website.