+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

experience points calculation: please help me

C

claudia31

Hi everybody,
I'm an Italian citizen and I want to apply as a skilled worker. I have found in the NOC a work that matches the duties of my internship and my work but I don't have the employment requirements listed in the NOC for that work. (It says ... a university degree or college diploma is usually required ... and ... several years of experience are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements ).
Please give me some indications .

Claudia

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i believe that if u can have 67 points without having a bachelor or diploma and it is all legitimate, i think your application can be processed.
u need to meet the 67points legitimately though and u ll have to prove it also.
for example, there r people who do degrees in one field but work in other fields.
so hope i answered ur qst.

C

claudia31

Thanks a lot for the informations ocanada!!!!!!!!

I have it all legitimate and I can prove it, I am only wondering if the lack of the formation written in the NOC would be a problem because I have seen an old ( 1999 - 2000 ) official document about this on the internet that said so. An the other hand I have found other places were they say it doesn't count so I'm a bit confused .

Claudia

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
If you haven't applied your SWA, and is yet to apply, that means you will be under the new policy.
New policy as i understand is not by points system, but depends on the skills that is currently in-demand...

pls somebody correct me if i'm wrong....

C

claudia31

I think the new sistem is working with the same point sistem but they will choose the candidates that match the skills they are interested into

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Point system will ofcourse be there, but they will give priority to those skill sets, which are required in Canada at that present time.

GOOD LUCK.