+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience of Skill Type 0 as part-time is valid for EE Canadian Experience Class?

Harshil1815

May 23, 2018
Hello,
I have gained 1.5 years of experience in a post which is Skill Type 0, it was on part-time basis and during my study program. But my job has nothing to relate with my studies, it's not a co-up or internship nor TA/GA. It was solely a different manufacturing company and I got job through interviews and stuff. So, does my experience count for Express Entry?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have gained 1.5 years of experience in a post which is Skill Type 0, it was on part-time basis and during my study program. But my job has nothing to relate with my studies, it's not a co-up or internship nor TA/GA. It was solely a different manufacturing company and I got job through interviews and stuff. So, does my experience count for Express Entry?
Since you're posting in the CEC section of the forum I can assume that you studied in Canada?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not relating to your studies is irrelevant. Any work experience obtained in Canada during full-time studies won't add any points to your CRS.

Reactions: Harshil1815

Harshil1815

May 23, 2018
Not relating to your studies is irrelevant. Any work experience obtained in Canada during full-time studies won't add any points to your CRS.
ok got you. So, would you mind suggesting me something to apply for express entry ? or shall I proceed with PNP program and apply for federal PR?
I have Master's degree in Canada of 2 years, Bachelor's outside of canada.
6 months of full-time experience outside canada and 1.5 years part-time experience in canada!
What you think is the right choice?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok got you. So, would you mind suggesting me something to apply for express entry ? or shall I proceed with PNP program and apply for federal PR?
I have Master's degree in Canada of 2 years, Bachelor's outside of canada.
6 months of full-time experience outside canada and 1.5 years part-time experience in canada!
What you think is the right choice?
After a year of Canadian work experience your score will be high enough for a direct ITA. As of now you are not eligible for the FSW program either.

Reactions: Harshil1815

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok sure, And my present employer has given me a job offer letter of more than one year. Would that be a help if I get LMIA?
Getting LMIA would only increase your CRS, it wouldn't have any effect on your eligibility under the CEC program.

Harshil1815

May 23, 2018
Getting LMIA would only increase your CRS, it wouldn't have any effect on your eligibility under the CEC program.
So, even after having LMIA, I have to wait for 1 year. There's no way out I can provide something which can let me do Express Entry on CEC or FSW basis as soon as possible ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, even after having LMIA, I have to wait for 1 year. There's no way out I can provide something which can let me do Express Entry on CEC or FSW basis as soon as possible ?
There's no quick way out if you're looking to apply via Express Entry.