+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter

Sandys89

Oct 28, 2020
Hi all, My employer gave me job reference letter but she wrote currently I am working 20-40 hours per week (varies due to COVID restrictions).I got this reference letter few days ago but my experience was completed in September 2020. is it ok? I have pay stubs to prove that I worked full time until November

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all, My employer gave me job reference letter but she wrote currently I am working 20-40 hours per week (varies due to COVID restrictions).I got this reference letter few days ago but my experience was completed in September 2020. is it ok? I have pay stubs to prove that I worked full time until November
If it says is and in reality should be was, it might not be a good idea to use it as is. You may want to correct that.
There is no definitive answer as I am suspecting some officer may let this slide while others may have a problem with it, there are nuances like this that might be assessed somewhat subjectively. Someone may consider it an honest mistake while it could make someone else suspicious.

You should try to provide accurate documentation, that will play in your favour, and not potentially against you.

Sandys89

Oct 28, 2020
If it says is and in reality should be was, it might not be a good idea to use it as is. You may want to correct that.
There is no definitive answer as I am suspecting some officer may let this slide while others may have a problem with it, there are nuances like this that might be assessed somewhat subjectively. Someone may consider it an honest mistake while it could make someone else suspicious.

You should try to provide accurate documentation, that will play in your favour, and not potentially against you.
Thank you for replying. But i asked her she is not willing to write down 30-40 hours because after November i am working only 20-30 hours. She issued me this job letter few days ago. I have paystubs that will prove that i worked 30 hrs per week until November. Is it not enough?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for replying. But i asked her she is not willing to write down 30-40 hours because after November i am working only 20-30 hours. She issued me this job letter few days ago. I have paystubs that will prove that i worked 30 hrs per week until November. Is it not enough?
I understood that you no longer worked there.

That is okay, 20-40 hours/week is totally fine. Your time will not be calculated based on this, they will use your pay stubs to determine the number of hours worked every week or every 2 weeks. as this has to be done on a week by week basis. Particularly for jobs with no fixed schedule, for instance, 37.5 hours every single week.

Sandys89

Oct 28, 2020

That is okay, 20-40 hours/week is totally fine. Your time will not be calculated based on this, they will use your pay stubs to determine the number of hours worked every week or every 2 weeks. as this has to be done on a week by week basis. Particularly for jobs with no fixed schedule, for instance, 37.5 hours every single week.

it should be ok than i dont have to worry and i Have employment contract that is showing full time job