+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter question

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
I have been working for 5+ years across 2 different companies. My 1st job was for 4.5 years and I've been in my 2nd job for a year now.

However, as I mentioned in one of the other threads, I've been having problems getting my current employer to put down my job duties in the employment letter. From the CRS calculator, it seems like I only need 3+ years of experience to get maximum points; is this correct?

What should I do in this case? Should I modify my profile and remove my current work experience?

Or just leave it there and send whatever experience letter my current employer gives me (it will be without my job duties) as I have got an employment letter from my previous company where I worked for 4.5 years and that is in the correct format?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
prasanna1157 said:
I have been working for 5+ years across 2 different companies. My 1st job was for 4.5 years and I've been in my 2nd job for a year now.

However, as I mentioned in one of the other threads, I've been having problems getting my current employer to put down my job duties in the employment letter. From the CRS calculator, it seems like I only need 3+ years of experience to get maximum points; is this correct?

What should I do in this case? Should I modify my profile and remove my current work experience?

Or just leave it there and send whatever experience letter my current employer gives me (it will be without my job duties) as I have got an employment letter from my previous company where I worked for 4.5 years and that is in the correct format?
Under Express Entry CRS you get maximum points for 3 years experience in an NOC which falls under skill type 0, A or B. Howver, please note that you will also be scored against FSW minimum selection criteria where you need to get at least 67 points out of 100. Under FSW point calculation you get maximum points for 6 years of experience. Try and see if you are getting minimum FSW points by just by mentioning 3 years of work experience in your EE profile, if yes then you are good, otherwise you will have to mention additional years of experience that you have. Check this link to know more about FSW 67/100 points calculation criteria http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

I am assuming that you would have already met the 67/100 points, otherwise your profile would have become ineligible. Please note any work experience that you mention in your EE profile should be supported with Reference Letter and Employment Records. If you are not able to get those, you might as well remove those experiences from your EE profile.

A gentle suggestion, since you are referring to the other thread on the same topic, would suggest that you post similar queries on the same topic on the same thread instead of creating a new one. This will help many other applicants who are looking for answers to similar questions. Also this question has been answered multiple times in the past, if you go back few pages on the first two threads, you will find the answer to your question.

All the best!

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Stanlee said:
A gentle suggestion, since you are referring to the other thread on the same topic, would suggest that you post similar queries on the same topic on the same thread instead of creating a new one. This will help many other applicants who are looking for answers to similar questions. Also this question has been answered multiple times in the past, if you go back few pages on the first two threads, you will find the answer to your question.

All the best!
Thank you, Stanlee. Duly noted. I did think about posting it there, but I only created a new thread because the exact question is slightly different. However, I understand your point.

I think I meet the FSW criteria with only 3 years of experience. Is having more years going to help my case in any way?

Also, my old employment ended in May 2015. So, if I remove my current employment, is there a condition where they require certain work experience in the last 1/2 years or something like that?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Stanlee said:
Under Express Entry CRS you get maximum points for 3 years experience in an NOC which falls under skill type 0, A or B. Howver, please note that you will also be scored against FSW minimum selection criteria where you need to get at least 67 points out of 100. Under FSW point calculation you get maximum points for 6 years of experience. Try and see if you are getting minimum FSW points by just by mentioning 3 years of work experience in your EE profile, if yes then you are good, otherwise you will have to mention additional years of experience that you have. Check this link to know more about FSW 67/100 points calculation criteria http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

I am assuming that you would have already met the 67/100 points, otherwise your profile would have become ineligible. Please note any work experience that you mention in your EE profile should be supported with Reference Letter and Employment Records. If you are not able to get those, you might as well remove those experiences from your EE profile.

All the best!
this is not exactly true, as you get maximum points for 6+ experience

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you, Stanlee. Duly noted. I did think about posting it there, but I only created a new thread because the exact question is slightly different. However, I understand your point.

I think I meet the FSW criteria with only 3 years of experience. Is having more years going to help my case in any way? - If you meet the minimum FSW score requirements, you are good.

Also, my old employment ended in May 2015. So, if I remove my current employment, is there a condition where they require certain work experience in the last 1/2 years or something like that? - No

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you. I've removed my recent work experience. Is there something to do, like submit job bank again?

And, if on my application page, FSW say "Met" after this update, does it mean that nothing changed as far as my eligibility is concerned?