+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter from parent or actual company

tuxarc

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I have been working for company A as an external consultant through my consulting company for 12 months (with a full-time contract). When company A got acquired by the parent company C, I was hired by company B (a different subsidiary of company C) for another 6 months as an employee. Both A and B are subsidiaries of the same parent company C, while company A is defunct after the acquisition and no longer operates.

Should I ask for 1 experience letter for my whole time with both companies A and B from the parent company C? Or should my experience letter strictly be issued on the letterhead of the company which actually employed me?

Should I even ask for an experience letter for my time as a full-time external consultant with the defunct company A, or is it enough to prove my experience based on my ownership of the consulting company, the contract, invoices issued, and wire transfers?

And if the company was headquartered in one country, but I was working remotely from another country, which one should in put in the Express Entry field: the company's headquarters, or the country I was actually working from?

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Did you get the answer? I was being paid by the parent company and worked for subsidiary company. My reference and salary credited from parent company. Not even single proof/document that I've worked for subsidiary company