+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter for Jobs- Point Not Claimed

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
My previous company told me they will not give me a reference letter as it is not in their policy. I could not ask my current company for a letter as I could not tell them I am applying for PR. So, for my previous company I sent them a table which included all the information that CIC asked for, and asked them to just mention on email whether that information is correct or not. They were happy to do that. So I saved that email as a PDF document. For my current job, I drafted a letter on a plain paper and mentioned everything that CIC wanted, and wrote the letter from the perspective of a colleague (not HR or a reporting manager). I also attached my offer letters from both these places. Then in my Letter of Explanation, I mentioned my exact situation honestly, and also gave them couple of links to our company's website where they talk about our department and the work that is done for the role that I had an offer letter for.
My application was approved without any issues within a month. It may not be the same in your case, or it may be. The key idea is to just be honest in your application, they consider genuine cases and make exceptions if needed. Let me know if you would like me to share the employment letter that I drafted or the letter of explanation content that I sent.

Hi Could you please share the content of your LOE and employment letter as I am also in the same situation.
Really appreciate your help!
Thanks much!

Brijesh_desai

Apr 9, 2020
I have a question
I got my invitation and i have issues with my current employement latter as there is some wording problem and my employer told me to not to make any changes in the letter.
So what should i do?
Is there any way?

Richa chhabra

Apr 27, 2021
Hi ChemEmanju,

Thank you for sharing your experience. What I am planning to do is this:

I will still submit the old letters of experience in the usual placeholder. After that, I plan to clearly explain in my LOE that I am submitting the old documents (which will contain incomplete information). And I will also explain that submitting old documents should not matter because I am not claiming points for those work experiences for my spouse or myself. Hopefully, that should satisfy CIC?

Or do you think it is better if I don't submit anything (work letter) but instead explain it in the LOE?

Also, do you know what format the bank statement needs to be in? Do I need to show all the transactions for the last six months?

Thank you again for your reply.

::)

Supernova
Hi , can I submit secondary work experience documents like offer letter, relieving letter and pay stubs just to proof that the information provided in the work experience section is correct ? And specify in loe that we are not claiming any points for this?