+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Letter clarification

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Hi,

I have worked with different companies. I heard different views on presenting the experience letter to prove your job experience.

I have close to 14 years experience.

All my previous letters are available. Most of the letters are highlighting job titles data of joining and last date of working.

I worked in India and most often we get two letter , one experience letter and other called relieving letter (this used to be indicating that I left organization in good terms).

Question I have is , I heard below contents are compulsory.

Name - Available
employee code -
Job duties - Available only in one or two companies
Manager name - Not available, this letter is issued by HR i.e. separation team
Number of hours/week - All my previous work is Full time work and it does not mentions 40 hrs/ week.
salary - Not available

All my letters have partial of these ones. I do have payslips and also Tax papers to prove about my employment.

With a letter of explanation with combination of letters will it be sufficient. Now getting these letters from my previous companies is time consuming and also none of them may give the letter. My managers have left those organizations and some of them have changed jobs three or four times.

Do advise what documents can I submit to prove my experience.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Hey, Thanks.

I understand I need to give it for only 3 years max based on the points which I get for the FSW. Thanks for confirming the same.

Now back to basic questions, it is not possible to capture all the information in a letter covering all the mentioned details in one letter by previous employers.

Typically full-time work is considered it as Monday to Friday morning 9 AM - 5 PM. and usually any letter in countries like India do not mention number of hours.
Is it okay if I can share combination of the letters in a set to prove my employment. For e.g. Tax and Paystubs for the pay, joining and experience letter to prove start date and end date and also job titles. Job duties will be there in Job offer letter. So 3-4 documents if we submit to prove the experience would it be of any concerns or issues?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
dan_and's answer is apt and correct.

You have to follow reference letter requirement as stated, WORD TO WORD.

If some points are missing in reference letter, then case officer can either reject your file at R10 check itself or can ask for Additional Documents (ADR). So the onus is on the applicant him/herself to provide all the documents (with all the details), as stated by CIC.

As you are missing on few points in your letter, like working hours, then its your responsibility to provide additional documents to prove those missing point(s), BUT eventually it all depends on your case officer.

Reactions: dan_and