+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

experience letter 10 months and 20 days

S

sutyfornow

Hello friends can i claim points for a year i worked for 10 months 20 days and took vacation a month and 10 days?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all comes down to whether the officer considers this a reasonable amount of vacation time.

An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience). While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

S

sutyfornow

DelPiero07 said:
It all comes down to whether the officer considers this a reasonable amount of vacation time.

An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience). While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp
Thank you brother but what about the international experience?

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Similar situation. CWE for 2 years and 20 days... in between went on vacation twice for 66 days, All vacations were paid in full supported by pay slips.

Any idea?

S

sutyfornow

dan_and said:
Was this paid or unpaid vacation?

Is this a normal amount of vacation in your country (e.g., is it legally prescribed as in some European countries)?

Did you take it in the middle of the one year. or did you take it in the end?
Yes it was paid.. normal vacation is a month but i extended an extra 10 days and it was at the end of the year

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
dan_and said:
If you can demonstrate that 1 month is a normal paid vacation time in your country, CIC might accept this.

It is unclear to me how you can just extend your paid vacation by 10 days - that's essentially equivalent to a payrise, and I don't understand why a company would agree to it.

The fact that you took your vacation at the end of your time with this company may make it harder to get past CIC, because it could look like you just stopped working earlier.

It also comes down to how your reference letter is worded.

Does it explicitly say you were employed for a full year and took 1 month and 10 days of vacation?
I'm not sure why so many people are worried. If your reference letter states they worked xx to yy (1+ year) and doesn't mention vacation times, then it's unlikely CIC will look too deeply if at all.