+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience in home country to put in application

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
hi. i have already asked this question but no one answered me :(

i have done my bachelors in late 2010 and i did a job in a trade store where i had to work as an accountant-cum-cashier for 6 months. i did that because i was searching for a job and could not find one so i had to do that.

after that i got a job in bank where i worked for 2 years and then i had to leave it for my further education. i got my experience certificate for that.

after that i started my masters and along side i started my own home based business of sales. i used to import electronic items on order to people and used to import them from one of my cousin who lives in US.

its been like 2 years i have been doing it, and it is just fine. now im applying for Canada and i want to prove my documents for all this time. although i have been studying, but i would like to put this experience in my application as well, hoping it might add a little to my application.

as its a home based business is it of any worth in application? what documents will i need to provide for it? its not some government registered business its just a home based business but i have been doing it for a lot of time now.

can some one help me in this regard how to put it in my application? this forum is my biggest source of help, and i m relying a lot on answers from you guys, so pls help me out. thanks in advance :)

atmosphere99

Nov 27, 2014
Sure, it is fine to show a home-based business but your main obstacle will be showing that it is a legitimate business if it is not registered. If I were you, I would seek to get it registered as soon as possible (it should be an easy process). Second, I would then print off any proof of business transactions - maybe an online website, if you have one? Invoices? You need to think official - if you can get that, include it.