+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience getting Passports back after PR during covid

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hey guys, most of us that recieved their PR during covid got it through email or phone interview. We recieved our COPR letters at home. Does anyone know how to get our home country documents back from CBSA? Any experience you can share? Any information?

It would be greatly appreciated and would help out a lot of people. Because this question was posted in many forums without an answer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, most of us that recieved their PR during covid got it through email or phone interview. We recieved our COPR letters at home. Does anyone know how to get our home country documents back from CBSA? Any experience you can share? Any information?

It would be greatly appreciated and would help out a lot of people. Because this question was posted in many forums without an answer.
To the best of my knowledge the documents should be returned to you automatically. You can also try sending a case specific inquiry to ask for your documents back.

Make sure you don't use your home country passport for any kind of travel. Use the RTD only until you have citizenship.

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
To the best of my knowledge the documents should be returned to you automatically. You can also try sending a case specific inquiry to ask for your documents back.

Make sure you don't use your home country passport for any kind of travel. Use the RTD only until you have citizenship.
Will they come in the mail? Should I call or send webform?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
it seems like no one did before! Or no one wants to share experience regarding this! I’ve been asking this question for a long time and no one answered it!

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa

Did you get ur seized documents back from
Ircc
Hey guys so, I called Immigration and told them my situation. They said that I would need to contact the CBSA or Immigration office we claimed refuge in. So in my case eventhough I moved to Toronto from Montreal.. I had to still contact the office in Montreal to get my passport back.

the helpline number provided me with a fax number and I faxed them my request but I have not heard from them. Fingers crossed.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hey guys so, I called Immigration and told them my situation. They said that I would need to contact the CBSA or Immigration office we claimed refuge in. So in my case eventhough I moved to Toronto from Montreal.. I had to still contact the office in Montreal to get my passport back.

the helpline number provided me with a fax number and I faxed them my request but I have not heard from them. Fingers crossed.
So still you are awaiting your Passports ? its being long time. you cant go to the office in montreal or arrange appointment to pick up. Yes with covid also the personal visits are tough now.

Elissa EB

Nov 14, 2020
every time they tell me something different, at the first time they asked me to contact Ottawa Office where I made my claim and in the second call they asked to contact the Montreal office as I live in Montreal now! and no responses so far! I send Fax, mail, filled webforms everything and still didn't get my passport back!

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
You have to go back to where you made your claim to get it. IRCC doesn't have it, where you made your claim does. I've read that it's best to leave them there until you become a citizen and if you want to travel get a refugee travel document. if you use the document issued by the country you were seeking asylum from, it could be grounds to revoke your protected person status and by that, you will lose your pr status.

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
You have to go back to where you made your claim to get it. IRCC doesn't have it, where you made your claim does. I've read that it's best to leave them there until you become a citizen and if you want to travel get a refugee travel document. if you use the document issued by the country you were seeking asylum from, it could be grounds to revoke your protected person status and by that, you will lose your pr status.
Immigration didn’t say that they told me to contact my local office! I don’t intend to use my document in traveling but I’m gonna use it to prove my citizenship in another country!

Reactions: Yuki.03

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Immigration didn’t say that they told me to contact my local office! I don’t intend to use my document in traveling but I’m gonna use it to prove my citizenship in another country!
well from what i know and from all my refugee friends you get it back from where you made your claim. and you can get it back once you get your COPR.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Also you could you share your pr timeline and was COPR online or mail.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
So there is the seized documents when we claim refugee and there are supporting documents we sent with PR application... has anyone any experience how to get those documents that is sent with PR application?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

@Pindimurree

Did you get ur passport back from ircc montreal. If yes can you share your story. My passport is also there at
1025 St-Jacques Street
Montréal, Quebec H3C 1G8

Don’t know how to collect it.

Reactions: Shafiqahmad