Experience certificate from Current employer

jadmays

Apr 8, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have an MBA (Masters) in Marketing and Finance and have been working as a business analyst in an MNC for the last 3 years and 9 months.

I have gone through the checklist of documents for federal skilled worker visa & PR from CIC website. I have got all the certificates and mark sheets vis-a-vis my academics. And also, have got all the work related documents such as offer letter, appointment letter, increment letters(up-to-date), and salary slips(up-to-date). However, my employer will not provide me with an experience certificate mentioning the duration of employment, job responsibilities etc. The reason being, I am still working in the organisation and seeking such documents will jeopardize my career in that organisation. Although my employer will provide me with a bona-fide certificate, which will only state that I am currently working in their organisation without mentioning the duration of employment & job responsibilities. And the bona-fide will also contain the reason I am seeking the bona-fide such as passport purpose, tourist visa purpose, driving licence, gas connection etc. I am not very sure whether the CIC will consider the bona-fide without duration of employment & job responsibilities.

But I can arrange a reference letter from my current supervisor(same organisation), mentioning my duration of employment and job responsibilities with his signature, designation, phone numbers etc. which will be a supporting document as proof of employment on a white paper or a stamp paper but not on company's letter head with company's seal on it.

Will CIC consider my case?

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
jadmays said:
Hi Guys,

I have an MBA (Masters) in Marketing and Finance and have been working as a business analyst in an MNC for the last 3 years and 9 months.

I have gone through the checklist of documents for federal skilled worker visa & PR from CIC website. I have got all the certificates and mark sheets vis-a-vis my academics. And also, have got all the work related documents such as offer letter, appointment letter, increment letters(up-to-date), and salary slips(up-to-date). However, my employer will not provide me with an experience certificate mentioning the duration of employment, job responsibilities etc. The reason being, I am still working in the organisation and seeking such documents will jeopardize my career in that organisation. Although my employer will provide me with a bona-fide certificate, which will only state that I am currently working in their organisation without mentioning the duration of employment & job responsibilities. And the bona-fide will also contain the reason I am seeking the bona-fide such as passport purpose, tourist visa purpose, driving licence, gas connection etc. I am not very sure whether the CIC will consider the bona-fide without duration of employment & job responsibilities.

But I can arrange a reference letter from my current supervisor(same organisation), mentioning my duration of employment and job responsibilities with his signature, designation, phone numbers etc. which will be a supporting document as proof of employment on a white paper or a stamp paper but not on company's letter head with company's seal on it.

Mate,,
You have to submit the experience letter in their letter pad mentioning all the job and duties carried by you and also the duties mention in Noc...cause many applicant are getting their application back due to their duties not match with their noc Duties...you can also have to mention the date of employment if you are working then it should be like since XXXXX till now ....

Warm Regards....

Spartan 300

jadmays

Apr 8, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Spartan. But my company wouldn't give me an experience certificate mentioning my job responsibilities on it. They will only issue it when an employee leaves the organisation.

Is there any alternative solution to this?

Rgds
Jadmays

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
jadmays said:
Thanks Spartan. But my company wouldn't give me an experience certificate mentioning my job responsibilities on it. They will only issue it when an employee leaves the organisation.

Rgds
Jadmays
1. Get an experience letter from your company's HR mentioning the date you joined till now and also including your designation title. I think they can at least issue this.

2. Get a letter from your supervisor mentioning all your job responsibilities, signed by him and bearing company's official stamp but not on a plain paper rather on company's letterhead

3. Include your contract/employment papers' notarized photocopies

4. Get an annual salary certificate from your Finance Deptt. and attach its notarized photocopy

5. If you have any other proof, e.g. Tax returns' statements or Provident Funds' statement, attach notarized copies of those

Together they'll make a strong case! Best of luck!

ashrafbwn

Oct 4, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-March-2010(CIC), Full Docs:06-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
14-April-2010
AOR Received.
15-Sep-2010
jadmays said:

Rgds
Jadmays
Jadmays ---- It is common issue ---- even policy of some companies doesn't not allow the issuance of experience certificate while employee is on job in the same company. CIC is well aware of this fact. You simply can provide the same reason to CIC for not providing the experience certificate from current employer.

Just provide the job offer letter that you got from your current employer and experience letters from your previous employers --- it will be sufficient.

Ashraf

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jadmays

I sent my employment contracts, salary payslips, pension and health payments made by my employer and my colleagues references to CIC, since my employer/supervisor didn't want to issue his references.

I got rejection letter from CIC stating that they are not convinced that I had performed all duties which are stated in NOC description. That was in 2010. After that, in 2011, we had sent better references but we got rejected because of insufficient job duties.

Be carefull.

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
echoes1978 said:
@ jadmays

I sent my employment contracts, salary payslips, pension and health payments made by my employer and my colleagues references to CIC, since my employer/supervisor didn't want to issue his references.

I got rejection letter from CIC stating that they are not convinced that I had performed all duties which are stated in NOC description. That was in 2010. After that, in 2011, we had sent better references but we got rejected because of insufficient job duties.

Be carefull.
Yes my fen,
you are right ....
i have seen lots of forum member missing only few job duties of NOC and they were rejected.....
so mate i will recommend to submit the letter mentioning all duties Of NOC ....
this is the criteria which will not be foreseen by the CIC...
So mate it would be great if you explain your whole situation and be honest with the employer then in many case it work...few of us are too afraid that if we will tell it to our employee the whole story then they will have negative attitude toward us...in my case my employee help me for this and also wish me luck ....

Warm Regards....

Spartan

aks2010

Star Member
May 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014; Lawyer/consultant hired?: No.; PER Received.: 07-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015; Med's Results Rcvd: 26-05-2015;
Passport Req..
22-07-2015; Decision Made:25-07-2015; Passport Submitted: 27-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015; Passport Returned: 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015;ECAS Status:Complete 31-10-2015
I am also facing the same problem. My company policy is that it won't issue an experience certificate until the employee resigns.

Would like to know the opinion of other members in this matter. Seniors, please advise.

Reactions: suniljoseph12061977

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Companies never give you a experience letter, while u r working with then , they issue always Employment letter.

E.g

<Address>

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mr. -------------- is working with <Company name>, since <Date>.

This Certificate is being issued on the request of employee to enable him provide the employment Proof.

Sincerely yours,

regnard

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-2011
jadmays said:
Hi Guys,

If you ask me, always stay on the safe side, especially with the CIC.

That said, I think your best bet is to weigh the importance of transparency in your company. Why be worried about asking for the reference letter if now if you know you're intent on leaving for Canada in the future? You have to make a judgment call on that.

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
Hi, i understand the pain of getting a letter from Current employer in the format CIC is requesting. i was in the same phase when i initially submitted my application. i have requested for a letter to HR with duties listed init and they denied my request saying they cannot issue a letter with roles and responsibilities unless i am applying for higher education. then i got the letter with roles and resposibilitys letter with line "this letter is issued to employer to apply for his higher education" and i have no choice but to submit the letter with my supervisors signature and i haven't seen any problem till now. i submitted my pay stub and bank statements to show that i am full time employee.
hope this helps.

pankush gupta

Jul 25, 2015
Sir,

i want one suggestion i am facing problem of getting this experience letter from the current employer ...please suggest what should i do i am confused..
i have 5 years of working experience with a company i dont knw how to get the letter as they isssue it only in case of resignation.
and if thell sent they will not specify the noc codes in that

vvignesh91090

Jun 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

Hi Jadmays,
Can you please explain what you submitted and tell me your experience on this.
I am facing the exact same situation as you. Kindly help!!

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hi Jadmays,
Can you please explain what you submitted and tell me your experience on this.
I am facing the exact same situation as you. Kindly help!!
Hello,

I have the same issue as well. I am sure many people would have faced this issue. I suppose establishing the roles and responsibilities is difficult without an explicit experience letter - an offer letter/contract might not provide the details CIC is looking for.

Are there any workarounds?

Will it suffice if I write a detailed letter explaining my job? I work for a prominent global firm - it is inconceivable that an official will not be able to understand my work.

Thanks in anticipation.